• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient DG Spec 1 Shoe

While waiting. I would suggest you check out a company called 5-10 or Five Ten. Both work. The Stealth rubber is fantastic. sticky, but very durable. I've had the Impact (high tops) for going on three disc golf seasons and they haven't worn through the toe. Not for everyone, but sooo worth checking out while you wait for this shoe to hit the market :)

Note: my run up is more like a walk up. So I'm not to hard on my shoes.

DG spec 1 design is complete. Now just waiting to receive some samples to test thoroughly. Color choices will be black and navy and black on black. We will most likely begin with sizes 9-12 and expand to smaller and larger sizes based on demand.

Release is late Summer or early Fall

I'd also love to test, 2-4 rounds a day sometimes more 5 days a week give my shoes a good workout.

Agreed. I particularly like the big plastic circles that rotate on each heel when you pivot. Should really cut down on injuries and improve world health! :)

JK of course. Looking forward to them. Hope they're waterproof and minimalist in as many ways as possible.

My daughter has a pair of shoes with a spinner in the toe. Why not a shoe with a spinner in the heel? Of course the PDGA would have to declare it illegal for tourney play.

Believe I already let you know I'm size 11 Kilgus, but again, also down to test the shoes. Not a lot of rocky terrain here in Louisville, but can be a bit swampy on some of the courses and certainly gets muddy.

I drag my toe while playing DG and run through a pair of Keens in around 6 months. I'd be willing to test the shoes out and compare the two.

The shoes will only be available in 1 width at the start, every size has to have a different sole and every width needs the same thing, since we are catering to disc golfers we have to pick our battles of where the investment goes. We will start with basic sizes followed by a release once or twice a year of very large/wide shoes. We will finish testing shoes in the next couple of weeks and report back on our findings.

My home course has the roughest, chittiest concrete tees ever. Disc golfing there is like subjecting your soles to a cheese grater. It would be magical if these shoes held up well on them.

I'd be more than willing to test these shoes out in a size 9. I play at least 3 times a week and on the weekends. Let me know if you need any testers in Pennsylvania.