• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient DG Spec 1 Shoe

13-15s are huge sizes and what many don't realize is that for every size a mold has to be made for that size and it runs 1000s of dollars each. At this point we will begin with only a few sizes 9-12 and expand as we see a need. If we have enough interest we will make the investment but as of right now it's a pure numbers game.

Soooo weights of each shoe?

Why am I not surprised these hideous shoes are associated with Physical Flight. I'm sure they're totally functional, comfortable, durable, etc ... But just like the bags, please hire a professional designer because your products are really ugly. That Rhyno logo thing looks like clip art with bubble letters that some kid drew.

Why am I not surprised these hideous shoes are associated with Physical Flight. I'm sure they're totally functional, comfortable, durable, etc ... But just like the bags, please hire a professional designer because your products are really ugly. That Rhyno logo thing looks like clip art with bubble letters that some kid drew.

Wow tell us how you really feel dude. You seriously came on here just to bash the product? I can appreciate opinions but this was uncalled for

The shoes are not the prettiest. but I have destroyed countless pairs of those expensive trail running shoes bc i destroy shoes,

I will give em a chance if the price is right.

Wow tell us how you really feel dude. You seriously came on here just to bash the product? I can appreciate opinions but this was uncalled for

My apologies. This was meant to be constructive criticism. Anyway, don't take my word for it -- take these designs outside the dg relm and see what regular people say.

My apologies. This was meant to be constructive criticism. Anyway, don't take my word for it -- take these designs outside the dg relm and see what regular people say.

Keep in mind this is the first in a line of DG shoes, that's why it's called the spec1. Nike's when they first came out weren't the prettiest either but it just takes testing time and development for them to improve not only in function but also in looks. From what has been said by kilgus looks like the function is set in stone just about, the looks will come later

Keep in mind this is the first in a line of DG shoes, that's why it's called the spec1. Nike's when they first came out weren't the prettiest either but it just takes testing time and development for them to improve not only in function but also in looks. From what has been said by kilgus looks like the function is set in stone just about, the looks will come later

Point taken. Since typically anything DG specific is so expensive, some of us want things things that function well and look good. That's all.

^^the comment about the looks I expect, again aesthetics are subjective. One thing that I've also learned is that making a functional and bullet proof product is far more important than making a pretty product. I consistently have some guys hate the looks of our bags, or the physical flight logo but the funny thing is we have sold out of each product we have produced which means we are doing something right.

I fully embrace criticism, remember fellas disc golf is not a main stream sport, we play in the woods, desert, and parks. I don't know about you but I rarely step on the tee pad and think "Man I wish my shoes were better looking, or "man I hope my playing partners like my shoes." I do however look at the condition of said shoe and think to myself "would I like my shoe to have those rips and tears on them?" answer is no. Again function will out perform form any day. Anyone who thinks differently is a bold face liar or has tons of money. Disc golfers don't have tons of money which is why we are making an affordable option for our disc golf family.

Anyway, don't take my word for it -- take these designs outside the dg relm and see what regular people say.

I get your point (though, and I think you'd agree, you could have made it more politely), but this part struck me as funny.

There's absolutely no reason to take them outside of the disc golf realm. They're disc golf products. :)

But a lot of disc golfers have things in their lives outside of DG and its super tacky design tendencies that contribute to some level of good taste. Throwing some money at aesthetics is a smart idea, especially when your products will be seen in internet images far more than first-hand experienced.

I fully embrace criticism, remember fellas disc golf is not a main stream sport, we play in the woods, desert, and parks. I don't know about you but I rarely step on the tee pad and think "Man I wish my shoes were better looking, or "man I hope my playing partners like my shoes." I do however look at the condition of said shoe and think to myself "would I like my shoe to have those rips and tears on them?" answer is no. Again function will out perform form any day. Anyone who thinks differently is a bold face liar or has tons of money. Disc golfers don't have tons of money which is why we are making an affordable option for our disc golf family.

my mom once told me the first thing a woman notices is your shoes.
but i am with you on functionality over looks. except with the bags...with all the variety of DG specific bags now, looks matter. and when there is a variety of DG specific shoes looks will matter too.

Money spent on design/looks is usually money well spent (to a point, of course - law of diminishing returns and all).

But I've seen some of the carts and things - as well as some of the clothes worn, etc. - that disc golfers use and wear.

So I wouldn't go breaking the bank on design… :)

But a lot of disc golfers have things in their lives outside of DG and its super tacky design tendencies that contribute to some level of good taste. Throwing some money at aesthetics is a smart idea, especially when your products will be seen in internet images far more than first-hand experienced.

Again we are talking about a prototype shoe, not the market version. I've mentioned before the aesthetics will change. I posted a pic on the Facebook page to give an idea of where we were at in our production process and not to advertise as the end all be all which is the sole reason the finished product I not on the website.

Did you guys design your own lasts? Do you have an estimate of price?

Also, I am willing to test. I live in Wisconsin and our courses are covered in cheese and broken beer bottles which is well known to be hard on shoes.

Did you guys design your own lasts? Do you have an estimate of price?

Also, I am willing to test. I live in Wisconsin and our courses are covered in cheese and broken beer bottles which is well known to be hard on shoes.

The shoe last was designed by the shoe maker with some input from us, the price is less than $100.

I know it's not the final product but as someone that burns through $100+ shoes every 3 months I am very interested in your shoes...Lose the words on the shoe and make your logo bigger/the only design on shoe. Functionality > aesthetics all day long but damn...Less you do with the logo the better...I think the logo is great, could be reworked a bit to fit the shoe but I like it...All the words on the shoe, not so much, any person with eyes and without biases to the product should agree. Not to mention it should lower production costs and with cost being a selling point/factor in making the shoes to begin with, losing the wordy logo should be a no brainer. My biggest concern with shoes is tread as I havn't found a tread that I can't burn right through in 2-3 months...I burn through tread on the pad and desperately need all the tread I can get off the pad. Currently wearing Patagonia Drifter A GT, superior tread as far as I'm concerned as well as Patagonia warranty, 3 months in, 1/3-1/4 tread remaining on plant foot. Bit more bulky than I would prefer to wear though. gotta go

it's one of many cars that killed Pontiac. And that's a damn shame, because the best cars I've owned have been Pontiacs.

Better sales from Buick in China is what truly killed Pontiac. It's a real shame because they were becoming rebadged Holdens. Australia is the only place where GM shines, and the G8 was a great looking sedan.

I know it's not the final product but as someone that burns through $100+ shoes every 3 months I am very interested in your shoes...Lose the words on the shoe and make your logo bigger/the only design on shoe. Functionality > aesthetics all day long but damn...Less you do with the logo the better...I think the logo is great, could be reworked a bit to fit the shoe but I like it...All the words on the shoe, not so much, any person with eyes and without biases to the product should agree. Not to mention it should lower production costs and with cost being a selling point/factor in making the shoes to begin with, losing the wordy logo should be a no brainer. My biggest concern with shoes is tread as I havn't found a tread that I can't burn right through in 2-3 months...I burn through tread on the pad and desperately need all the tread I can get off the pad. Currently wearing Patagonia Drifter A GT, superior tread as far as I'm concerned as well as Patagonia warranty, 3 months in, 1/3-1/4 tread remaining on plant foot. Bit more bulky than I would prefer to wear though. gotta go

I agree with the logo, the sample shoes we wanted to make sure they were produced by us and we succeeded lol

The production version will be smaller and bit more clean.

As for the tread there is no right tread for every course. Our first design is primarily for the courses with tee pads and high abrasion tendencies which is why the tread will be minimal and very durable.

In the future we might make an aggressive tread pattern if the need is there after our first sales.

Latest posts