• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say Good bye to 2010...favorite memories

Finding (and using) an unsigned Buzzz in a pond. A friend turning me on to this site. All the good tips on discs and techniques from everyone on DGCR.

Joined DGCR and traded away lots of perfectly good plastic that was collecting dust in my closet. Played doubles, triples, and a couple of ice bowls. Entered my first tournament, finishing second (out of three :\) in Rec.

Played a few rounds with DGCR folk who were visiting the area, and took my first disc golf road trip (to The Grange).

Next year, I hope to play a few tournaments. I would also love to somehow squeeze in DG road trips to Delaware (Iron Hill especially), and to the Philly area (Tyler SP and either Nockamixon or Jordan Creek).

Next year, I hope to play a few tournaments. I would also love to somehow squeeze in DG road trips to Delaware (Iron Hill especially), and to the Philly area (Tyler SP and either Nockamixon or Jordan Creek).

Hit me up if you plan on going to any of these. I work 20 minutes from Iron Hill and I live 20 minutes from Nockamixon and Jordan Creek.

Hit me up if you plan on going to any of these. I work 20 minutes from Iron Hill and I live 20 minutes from Nockamixon and Jordan Creek.

Thanks! I appreciate the offer.

Where would that have been? I played courses in Spotsy area and Buckhorn on the way to the IDGC in September.

My best memory would have to be building the #7 tee on our newest local course.

It was hot that day, and I was working on the side of a slope , 100 ' up the hill. I had to hog out a decent sized tee pad from the slope, which was mostly hard packed clay and tree roots.
I worked hard for a couple of hours with a pickaxe and a shovel. The other volunteers finished thier assignments, and were playing around the course long before I was done.
Then we hauled buckets of gravel up the hill, and poured them into the box by hand.

I was tired that night, and my back hurt, but every time I step up there now, and see how nice and level that tee is, I get a smile on my face.

Better than an ace any day.
Now if I can just ace my own damn hole.......................:)

Wow. It was a sweet year for me. My scores look better. I played in an ace race and three tournaments. Looking forward to next year.

I remember when we had the most active users at one time, occurring on August 11th with 383... special thanks to DGR's temporary down-time. :D

The Mid-Atlantic Meet at Hawk Hollow was the shining moment for me. Looking forward to getting started on the next.

He focused in on you calling you out. He thought you deleted his stuff and attacked. He had a beef with you, I didn't mean to imply it went the other way too.

It is memorable and noteworthy, just like when 80played and wareagle were banned. No one worships wareagle, but everyone knows about him, he is part of 2009 we will not forget, VR's banning is an unforgettable part of 2010, not necessarily a favorite. In 2011 I will add Apothecary's banning :)

Apoth did not make it until 2011 :thmbdown: If you have any pending trades you can get him at DGR

Hitting an ace on my Bday was pretty cool, and all three wins I had were nice too

Latest posts