• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

Selah is a very cool place, we had a great time out there yesterday. We played creekside first, it's just a bit open for my taste with a lot of long prairie grass rough, but the water holes were excellent and there are some really nice par 4s that make you focus on shot placement. Lakeside was easily our favorite of the two, and in my personal top 5. The mix of risk/reward holes on the edge of the lake and some cool lines through the woods gives it great balance. I didn't shoot all that well, -1 on Creekside and +1 on Lakeside. Ratings wise, Lakeside is an easy 5 for me, Creekside is right on the cusp between 4.5 and 5, I still haven't been able to decide one way or the other. Either way it's an awesome disc golf destination.

Played Selah this morning.... Its all they said it was. I am not at the skill level of most that play out there. I was + 11 lakeside a lil better creekside. Drained. 150' put on creekside though to save par.

Advice... Use the rental disks they have!!! Unless you can beast it up like i only dream of.

All in all i WILL DEF. be back!!!

Selah is a very cool place, we had a great time out there yesterday. We played creekside first, it's just a bit open for my taste with a lot of long prairie grass rough, but the water holes were excellent and there are some really nice par 4s that make you focus on shot placement. Lakeside was easily our favorite of the two, and in my personal top 5. The mix of risk/reward holes on the edge of the lake and some cool lines through the woods gives it great balance. I didn't shoot all that well, -1 on Creekside and +1 on Lakeside. Ratings wise, Lakeside is an easy 5 for me, Creekside is right on the cusp between 4.5 and 5, I still haven't been able to decide one way or the other. Either way it's an awesome disc golf destination.

I agree that Lakeside is head and shoulders above Creekside, and thought maybe Creekside would get a 4.5, and Lakeside a 5.0. But then I thought the only reason for giving Creekside less than a 5.0 was in comparison to Lakeside, and I'd have to demote all the 4.5 courses in comparison to Creekside. That's when I decided that it's called a category for a reason. There's not just one 5.0 course.

I agree that Lakeside is head and shoulders above Creekside, and thought maybe Creekside would get a 4.5, and Lakeside a 5.0. But then I thought the only reason for giving Creekside less than a 5.0 was in comparison to Lakeside, and I'd have to demote all the 4.5 courses in comparison to Creekside. That's when I decided that it's called a category for a reason. There's not just one 5.0 course.

I have 7 other courses rated 5, and I don't think Creekside quite stands up to the rest of them, whereas Lakeside easily fits with them by my standards. It has nothing to do with comparing them to each other, rather comparing them to the other courses I've played around the country by the qualifications that matter in my personal rating system.

I think both of you have very valid points. In my mind both courses are a 5. But, when i think about idlewild, which mash also has as a 5/5, I'm not sure that creekside stacks up. I would probably say idlewild is the better course. Does that mean its not a five?

I'm not so sure it does.

I think both of you have very valid points. In my mind both courses are a 5. But, when i think about idlewild, which mash also has as a 5/5, I'm not sure that creekside stacks up. I would probably say idlewild is the better course. Does that mean its not a five?

I'm not so sure it does.

Like I said, it's right on the border for me, I'm leaning toward 4.5 but not by a lot. That still means it's better than 590 or so of the 603 courses I've played, I just don't have it quite in the same category as the best of the best in my system. I have no quarrel with anyone who sees it as a 5 on their own scale, I can easily see it being in that stratum for many.

^I think you've given selah a more than fair assessment thus far and I'm looking forward t o hearing your reviews.

I'll be on the course in 7 days! We are packing nine inside the corral house. Its gonna be tight with only one bathroom:| but its gonna be a great time

I'm hoping to get a peak at the proshop and i think i still need to get a picture of the signature disc. I'm planning to play either lindsey gold or lake nac on the way there.

I'll probably play creekside twice and lakeside as many times as i can! We're also going to play a glo round or two . Any suggestions as to a string of 4-6 holes that we should light up?

I guess Selah's staff mischarged us last time b/c when we got our invoice for this weekend it :eek:

They charged us all green fees of $10 when we spent ~200 per night on the corral house. That's $90 or another 50% almost :gross: Also, there is $35 for the 8th and 9th person(even though its says sleep 9 w/hide-a-bed) :sick: On top of that its going to be $90 for three extras carts. So when its all said and done that $200 room charge has had 90+70+90 or another 250 dollars more than doubling the cost per night. :(

I understand they have to charge out the wazoo. $50 person per day to stay, play, and rent a cart isn't that bad but for disc golf its through the roof.

I KNOW this course will get a 4.5 from somebody because the cost to play is MUCH higher than any pay to play. If you go to selah with your buddy, its 20/person for green fees and 30 for the cart. You just paid $35 for two rounds. It will only get more expensive once the rest or the site and the world find out about it.

[/rant]

Sticker shock is never fun. Cost conscious DGers can stay elsewhere if it makes sense. Surely there is camping available in the area? But be advised the greens fees are 20 dollars per day instead of 10 if you stay elsewhere.

Last edited:
Fours days baby! Cant wait for another round of Selah

I guess Selah's staff mischarged us last time b/c when we got our invoice for this weekend it :eek:

They charged us all green fees of $10 when we spent ~200 per night on the corral house. That's $90 or another 50% almost :gross: Also, there is $35 for the 8th and 9th person(even though its says sleep 9 w/hide-a-bed) :sick: On top of that its going to be $90 for three extras carts. So when its all said and done that $200 room charge has had 90+70+90 or another 250 dollars more than doubling the cost per night. :(

I understand they have to charge out the wazoo. $50 person per day to stay, play, and rent a cart isn't that bad but for disc golf its through the roof.

I KNOW this course will get a 4.5 from somebody because the cost to play is MUCH higher than any pay to play. If you go to selah with your buddy, its 20/person for green fees and 30 for the cart. You just paid $35 for two rounds. It will only get more expensive once the rest or the site and the world find out about it.

[/rant]

$hit if you had 9, thats only 50 a piece and thats staying a night. Its 35 a piece if you just split a cart with someone, and thats driving back and forth to Dallas. You got off cheap

Does anyone think one day it might just do what country clubs do and sell memberships? If you live close by then it could be worth it. Can't wait to play it. At least with all of the money that the 2 courses will generate, you would figure that it won't close shop like Flyboy.

I have heard that they do offer an annual pass but I havent inquired about it yet. But I think it may have the potential. The courses are great, the atmosphere is great, and just the overall experiance is awesome! I know that they have already bumped the price of the cart from 20 to 30, and Im just waiting for the rest of the prices to increase. But I have also heard that stuff is a little overgrown out there and if you want people to spend 35 a head and gas money to drive out there then things like mowing and upkeep will be even more important. Its not for everyone, I understand but like I said in my reviews, it will keep db's away and if you want to enjoy this game for everything then this is the place.

They were in the process of mowing when I was there, the fairways were almost all in good shape besides the areas with standing water. They said a long spell of rainy weather made it impossible to get mowers through several areas, and that as it dried out they were catching up. I doubt it will get long over the summer months as it seemed to have ok drainage on most of the holes.

Good to know Mash, hopefully they get caught up before saturday

They were in the process of mowing when I was there, the fairways were almost all in good shape besides the areas with standing water. They said a long spell of rainy weather made it impossible to get mowers through several areas, and that as it dried out they were catching up. I doubt it will get long over the summer months as it seemed to have ok drainage on most of the holes.

I just talked to dave today. He said they are mowing the entire course as much as possible but the whole thing can take two or three weeks depending on the weather. He said things are picking up and they've had "100 new golfers this year". I guess that means first-timers to selah. I don;t think he knows what they have. Once it hits the top 10 isn't really gonna pick up.