• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Shorter Comet?

cermit

The Comet is an awesome disc but sometimes I wish that I had a shorter version of the Comet. Does anyone have a suggestion on a disc that flies like a Comet but shorter?

Summit kinda flies the same for me.

I use the zeppelin for that, very glidey and will hold any line you put on it with a clean shot.

I agree with the Magic call. I have a relatively firm soft one, which currently throws similar to a slightly beat shorter Comet. My beat SS Magic is pretty flippy now. Also, I just bought a Tangent and it is a pretty straight flyer and slightly shorter than my Comets for me.

Another slightly beefier option I forgot to mention is the Pure. They probably replicate a Z Comet more than a Magic would.

I got a Star Aero the other day, and that was exactly how I described it in my head when I threw it. It's also large diameter like the Comet.

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I have a magic that I only tried putting with but I will have to try it as a driving putter! I should be able to try a buddies Pure. The Zeppelin seems a bit hard to get. How about the Spike?

Zepp x3....saw Mashy clean up at LL one winter with one...very comet-ish.

The Comet loves to fly, and the Rattler falls out of the sky like a brick at the end of its flight. That's why the Rattler is good for running the chains and not going too far past.

Polecat or Rattler is what I would recommend. The Zeppelin is a good choice also.

Pures are way too fast to be like Comets. I don't quite get that option.

Polecat or Rattler is what I would recommend. The Zeppelin is a good choice also.

Pures are way too fast to be like Comets. I don't quite get that option.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing about Pures. I kept scratching my head when it was mentioned.

I'd say just about any standard putter in a premium plastic. Not one designed for overstable flights and wind but any good premium neutral putter should work fine. Opto Pure for now but when that Lucid Judge gets dropped on the world with it's bead, fo shizzle. :D

Latest posts