• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shorts or loose fitting pants

sumo21

Eagle Member
When playing a round, what do you prefer wearing?

Shorts for this disc golfer. Pants, in my movement, albeit loose fitting, tend to be restrictive for me, especially X-step and driving. Shorts are more comfy, less restrictive.

I wear pants(blue jeans) unless it is hot out. Only time pants restrict my movement is if I start to sweat, even then I don't think it has much affect on my play. I have thrown some of my longest drives with pants on.

Overalls-2-large.jpeg

It's just plain rude of you to talk about wearing shorts when It's 10 degrees and windy here in central PA.

But my preference is shorts as well, and I will start wearing them again in about 3 months if this winter ever ends!

Usually shorts here in TX as long as temps are above 50 for me personally. Once it starts dropping down in to the 40's and below I have to put on some windbreaker pants. Felt like 18 today, so it was windbreaker pants and long johns.

Pants. Generally Carhartts. Heavy with double fronts in winter. Nice for tromping through brush or kneeling in wet grass. Light in summer, rolled up a bit if it's hot. Shorts only come out if its 90 degrees or hotter.

Bouldering shorts most of the time, long enough to protect most of the legs but not restrictive.

In the winter I wear nike warm up pants that are warm but have a lot of room to move.

I'd rather not play in jeans I possible. Though I did play a glow round in a suit with an overcoat, changing nothing but my shoes after work one day. It was at Martin Dewgartias course and he probably thought I looked like a moron.

Shorts usually but some courses are too thick and you need pants.