• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sick of "big bird this, big bird that!"

Only people complaining are the people without these sexy discs in their possession for Xmas. I'm done buying and ended up with 10 and couldn't be happier. If you don't think these will rise in price wait until the selling frenzy ends and people sit on their stash forever.

For everyone saying these are already going down in price show me where to buy buy multiple 175g Roc3s for $25 or less so I can add more to my stash.

Only people complaining are the people without these sexy discs in their possession for Xmas. I'm done buying and ended up with 10 and couldn't be happier. If you don't think these will rise in price wait until the selling frenzy ends and people sit on their stash forever.

For everyone saying these are already going down in price show me where to buy buy multiple 175g Roc3s for $25 or less so I can add more to my stash.

Exactly, please post a link to the falling prices.

29B9F156-5E2E-4363-A883-836231A710DA-10152-000012922015FDC6_zps70450e22.jpg
check out these rocs you haters lol

I already had the Mcbeth roc3 from USDGC, and I picked up the other three flavors last night on ebay. the protostar and big bird I was able to pick up for 32 a piece shipped, but the japan open cost me 45. I'm fine paying that, because I really wanted the set, and now I have it (well I "own" it, and 3/4 of them are in the mail). I will wait til the production models come out to start throwing them, but that new champ plastic and this new mold feel reeeeal good in my hand- and I have been a pretty anti-roc guy for a while (buzzz/wasp for life!). I think I actually might like this one, and look forward to being able to throw it!

still doesn't do anything better than any other midrange in that category

if that makes it worth $50 to you then good for you

if you don't want to pay that much pick a different mold

carrying one of these doesn't make you a better player

still doesn't do anything better than any other midrange in that category

if that makes it worth $50 to you then good for you

if you don't want to pay that much pick a different mold

carrying one of these doesn't make you a better player

Every point you've made applies to literally every disc people collect and also throw.

Every point you've made applies to literally every disc people collect and also throw.

95% of my point(s) apply to Innova only

there is very little collector gouge on on Discraft, MVP, Legacy, Westside or L64

I left out 5% for the section of collector buzzzes and albatross rivers, worlds saints/pures

people pay silly silly money for gators and whippets ($100+) when there are plenty of $20 discs that will do what they do

yes to clarify i'm hating on them and i have 10 of them...but just saying they could have knocked it out of the park with a little effort.

I'll def buy a stack of the weight/color/stamp i want in the reg production run but all you guys posting roc pictures are weak....!!! bring it!

Are these really going for $30+? I saw these proto stars at play it again sports for $18 and picked up a big bird for $15 at a local course shop. They fly nice.

When are they going to start making R3s in blizzard plastic? :popcorn:

A blizzard roc would be the only roc I would ever throw. Strictly because I would enjoy a solid FLOATING midrange. They really don' exist.

Now apply the same "basic" idea to sports/trading cards (or anything of that like) and realize that the paper and ink that go into those cards costs most definitely LESS than the plastic material,machine use, and labor hours of stamping/molding discs...yet people STILL pay out the a$$ for these little "slips of paper"

basically what I'm saying - if there is a market, there will be buyers.

This. I used to play a bunch of different collectable card games, but got out of it because the shiny cardboard was getting too expensive (rare stuff tends to be shiny/holographic/glittery/etc). The best cards could cost upwards of $200 a piece, and most of the time you needed 3 of each to compete. A champion's deck was valued at $1500 - $2000 easily. With that experience to keep things in perspective, seeing people shell out $30+ for a disc they'll either get to throw a bunch or at least get to hang on the wall is nothing.

Latest posts