• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon Lizotte Interviewed by the Finnish National Broadcast Network

RistoS

Eagle Member
I'll just leave this here. Even if you won't understand every word, it still gives perspective when a non-Finnish player gets a 3 minute spot in national sports news! He talks about getting into the sport, upcoming European championships, his other goals and the state of disc golf in Europe

Starts at 20:57

https://areena.yle.fi/1-4294224

(Note: winning a Major was mistranslated into winning a professional tour)

Pretty sweet! Thanks for the share, never would have seen that otherwise!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon reps the sport well.

It just irks me to no end that they say its in Hyvinkää when they are playing in Tuusula. Yeah not too far removed from the correct place but just kind of gives me the vibe that "yeah its the ending segment about a niche sport that we dont really need to pay attention to and do due diligence" I may be reading too much into it but it certainly rubs me the wrong way.

I hesitated to click on this because I thought of the language barrier. I'm glad I did. Simon's responses to the interviewer are in English and the intent of the question easily understood. He is a great representative.