• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sizes of Disc Golf Bags

I started out with a Ching Jam Bag. It holds eight discs and that was the perfect amount for my first year. I didn't carry any spares, but I only lost a few discs in my first year. I just bought a Disc Player Bag which holds 15 so I can bring some new plastic to try out and a few spares.

Just got this in the mail today:
picture.php
Fade Gear Crunch bag. Looks to be the perfect size for my game right now.

I recently went from a big sized bag to a small one. I like it alot better. I'm not carrying a bunch of extra discs, and its alot lighter. I use the old big bag to house spare discs and traders.

I carry a Mahal so obviously I am in the Big Bag club....Love it so very very much

Just got this in the mail today:
picture.php
Fade Gear Crunch bag. Looks to be the perfect size for my game right now.

Just ordered one for myself today. Saw one in person recently and it looked perfect, especially for $25. Never wanted one of the BIG bags as I only carry 10-12 discs, but my Innova Starter is getting threadbare. The little Innova also didn't have enough pockets for my phone, flashlight, Golden Retreiver, etc.

Which size of disc golf bag would you feel more comfortable with out on the course, a big, medium, or smaller bag? For some reason I like to carry a lot of discs and bought a big bag and then thought after I got it, that maybe it is a little too many discs to be carrying around without losing them.

How would you loose them if you are only throwing one disc at a time? I know every one of my discs well, and it always goes in the same place in my bag, so I always know when one is not in there.

I love my smaller sized Crunch Box with 4 point straps. I can fit 12-13 discs, water, keys/wallet/beanie and even a little bit more. I still have my full sized innova bag which is nice if you want to bring more discs or maybe have room for a sweater. I definitely recommend the Crunch Box for those who are looking for a lighter bag.
41ptKD7AIBL_SL500_AA300_.jpg

I just wish I had the camo version!

Started the game with an Innova Standard bag, gave it away to get someone into the game and got a much under appreciated Innova newer Deluxe model (love it, not too too big and not small), and just last week used my winnings from a tournament to get a starter bag for plane trips and super quick casual rounds.

I love my Lightning medium bag. I can get between 15 and 20 discs in the main compartment+a putter in the outside pocket. Drink holder and inside pocket for wallet/keys are also plusses.

I would probably want to use a big bag. I have a medium sized one right now. I might change my mind after i get a big one but probably not.

I use a DISCarrier but i took out the divider it came with and put in 2 accordion dividers (facing the same way as the putters). 12 in the dividers, 2 in the putter pocket, 2 (main approach; utility disc) on one side of dividers. This leaves a big "pocket" inside the bag for towels, snacks, LED, hand warmers, etc.
SAM_0817.jpg

I am able to carry everything i could need and am not overburdened with weight, yet the space is there if i do need it.

I used a small bag last year. After playing a couple of tournaments for the first time I decided to get a slightly bigger bag. I found that I wanted to carry a few backups and an extra towel as well as some snacks and a few other things like a small first aid kit ( I tore up my hand and didnt have anything to stop the bleeding and no extra towel to keep things neat). So I ordered a Chimp not to big but gives me a little extra storage.

i just got the fade tourney bag, it holds 2 putters in the putter pocket and i have 19 discs in there and still have room for more, i wont need a bigger bag than this EVER (i just want to get a couple more doubles of the discs i already have), and plus the pockets are pretty good size i can hold a couple microfiber towels and 3 beers in each pocket :p, but if your just starting to get into DG, i wouldnt worry about a bag i would just use a backpack, thats what i used for the longest time before i got a bag

I bought a grip bag, then after 4 days straight of disc golf I started thinking, maybe I should have bought the go-kart! You know the one that has wheels and a seat!

I have two...a Fade Crunch for casual rounds or when I'm playing some local easier courses, and a Carolina Revo with quads when playing a new course or some of the more technical/pro level courses where I want a bigger variety of discs. I've learned that in life it's great to have options...:)

Tim S.

I use a fade tourney, not to store discs but other crap. I also like and desperately need the 2 water bottles in the ATL summers. I also find quads very uncomfortable on crunch boxes.