• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slightly annoyed with Marshall Street right now

I drive for UPS and we don't make stops at every client, just to see if they have something to ship. Clients call us when they want us to pick up packages. Marshall Street was giving you the straight dope when they said they didn't have anything to ship out, and UPS didn't stop by.

they used to come everyday... perhaps we just need to call them whenever we have something going out... that sucks though.

I mean, is that how it usually goes down? You have to call for a daily pickup?

I completely agree...

but it is the truth and something we've bitched and bitched about to UPS...

We have a DAILY pickup. And they don't come everyday. :wall:

It stinks because they are soooo much cheaper for shipping heavy packages to far away places... and I know you know that we all know that paying shipping sucks.

Do we mess up on occasion? Of course.
But so doesn't everybody. We just try to take measures to make sure the same thing doesn't happen again down the road... <i>that</i> is when things get bad. Perhaps we need re-evaluate our dealings with UPS.

We all know things like this happen, it's just that it super sucks when it happens to you...

I appreciate you responding. I think we all can say that mistakes happen at our business. Hence UPS not coming to your place daily and picking up my package. :doh: I knew my own company would end up screwing me over lol.

That's why I put i was only slightly annoyed. I did want to have that silky gold line river and XXX to throw tomorrow tho. :(

I'm just gonna make sure you guys send it USPS next time ;)

We have daily pick up from UPS where I work whether we have something or not. They show up. We load whatever we have and off they go.

Should I be happy they waited 5 whole days to put 10 discs in a box and ship them out? No.

I'm trying not to bitch cause I still love Marshall Street but this is a disc golf website. This is where we come to review everything disc golf. That includes places where we buy them. I want people to know what happened to me so they can use that information when they decide where to order their discs.

You said it yourself- you ordered after they closed on a friday. Do you think you're the only person who orders from them? Everyone who doesnt live in the south is jonesing to play and ordering discs to help us feel better about being inside. M St is a personally run company out of his home next to his DG course. I don't think he spent the weekend looking at his computer waiting for your order. Don't expect things to ship on the weekend-- amazon and other large internet corporations don't ship on the weekends either.
Go play pyramids, walk around the actual M St store and talk to jason. Great guy great store and great course. Don't make assumptions. Give the guy a break and don't hurt his business...we all need him! What's that saying? Don't bite the hand that feeds you- and he feeds us all!!

I am a manager at UPS

Thats your first problem! and yes friday night = order filled monday, ups boned you, and at worst it shipped a day late, due to your own company.

usps- when it has to be sent cheap :thmbup:

Fed-ex express- when it HAS to be there on time :clap:

(fedex ground and ups are both GARBAGE):sick:

You guys bitch about everything. I'm beginning to think you are all a bunch of old naggy woman over here. I am sorry your discs didn't get shipped right away,a price is $10 more in the store than it was online even though it was a great price anyway, your bag has some wear to it, a company accidentally had a disc in stock on their website that they didn't actually have, etc. Who cares. **** happens and it is all minor **** you guys whine about. Everyone has been unhappy with a purchase at some point in their life, no need to let us all here about your transaction that still worked out fine just a few days slower than you hoped.

:clap:

I WANT IT NOW!!!!

z-veruca-salt.jpg