• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Smoothest player

You guys should check out some footage of Jon Baldwin. The guy kills it and it looks like he isn't even throwing hard. Check out the Jelly Jam footage from Central Coast Disc Golf to see what I mean. Other than that, I would say Philo is a super smooth player as well.

You guys should check out some footage of Jon Baldwin. The guy kills it and it looks like he isn't even throwing hard. Check out the Jelly Jam footage from Central Coast Disc Golf to see what I mean. Other than that, I would say Philo is a super smooth player as well.

Thats what i said in the OP, i caddied for him for two a tiers and our group was craig gangloff, mike moser and jon baldwin, all super smooth

Smooth is Brinster, Mcbeth, Jarvis Bros, Espen Møkkelgjerd, Jon Baldwin, Philo, Brad Williams, Feldy, Climo, Shultz and Rico. Wiggins has the smoothest 360 much like Chris Max Voigt.

I don't think Schusterick is really that smooth, his throw is very angular, folded, takes large steps, and changes the plane of the disc and there's a lot of wobble in his throws. Lizotte is very similar.

For how much motion and extra steps he puts in Nikko is extremely fluid. Will S looks like he puts the least effort backhand. Garret G has a stupid smooth forehand that no one is mentioning. Pros are rediculous

McBeth and Emac are the two I watch a lot so I tend to look to them as smooth with good form. I would also say Nikko for fluidity. A guy who doesn't have a smooth throw but I love watching his discs fly smoothly is Ron Convers Jr. Dude just knows what's up with disc golf and whether it's on video or live I never see him make anything but a calculated and thought out shot.

As a dissector of throws I'm liking this thread. Next to the definition of the words 'follow-through' should be a video of Emacs' drive. Philo looks as if he could drive whilst balancing a stack of books on his head. McBeth appears to be trying to cover a sneeze. A 550' sneezer. Schusterick could be one of those waving inflatable tube men, only one that can throw a disc 80+ mph. The first 30 seconds of Geoff Bennet's drive routine is a GIF. GG's forehand looks as if he's trying to catch a passing bird. Koling no doubt could snap a mean bottle cap. Paige Pierce, I've got nothing… but I'm blown away.

Backhand, I'd go with MJ, that guy with a Comet is the living definition of "smooth is long". Forehand, while many male players are developing a good game, I'd go with Sarah Hokom for smoothest, since she is forehand dominant, she can hit great turnover and anny lines with a forehand while most of the other players mentioned use the shot as a backup when they need a fade to the right, and the complicated wind ups can be confusing and unnecessary for people trying to learn how to throw with good form, even though the pro level players have learned to incorporate it for power.

Backhand, I'd go with MJ, that guy with a Comet is the living definition of "smooth is long". Forehand, while many male players are developing a good game, I'd go with Sarah Hokom for smoothest, since she is forehand dominant, she can hit great turnover and anny lines with a forehand while most of the other players mentioned use the shot as a backup when they need a fade to the right, and the complicated wind ups can be confusing and unnecessary for people trying to learn how to throw with good form, even though the pro level players have learned to incorporate it for power.

I do not think smooth means what you think it means..

Sarah Hokom thrusts her body down in a violent jerking motion and then flings her arm underneath herself

I don't think Schusterick is really that smooth, his throw is very angular, folded, takes large steps, and changes the plane of the disc and there's a lot of wobble in his throws. Lizotte is very similar.

Lizotte and Schusterick always struck me as powerful more than smooth. I'm amazed with the amount of people on here who have said Schusterick. I don't know how you could watch McBeth and Schusterick back to back and say Will is smoother.

I do not think smooth means what you think it means..

Sarah Hokom thrusts her body down in a violent jerking motion and then flings her arm underneath herself

:clap: while a fine player, anything but smooth.

Will and Paige for BH; Both exceptionally fluid
Big Jerm for FH

Backhand: MJ
Forehand: Koling

MJ's effort seems so low...anyone who can shape comet lines like that are both smooth and clean. I'd love a lesson from him. Hell, I'd love to just play a round with him.

Bob Honch (local dude) has the flat out smoothest form of anyone I've ever seen.

NT pros:
I think Philo has buttery form

Wysocki is more power/explosive than smooth.

Latest posts