• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Seems like this thread has been slowing down lately...

I took advantage of a weekday off to play a couple new courses. A really new one up in Guthrie, OK was quite enjoyable and I almost hit a 350' ace - no chains, but hit the basket and bounced down for a 5' two. That course has some nice shot variation and is in a really nice little park.

After that, I headed to Lake Arcadia to play two courses I haven't played before. I bet this place will be way more overgrown in 2-3 months, but right now it's almost too easy. That said, I still had a couple ugly bogeys and one double after getting into some nasty stuff off the fairway. I finished two rounds well under par, but I don't really enjoy throwing that many short holes.

Note on putting: I've been carrying two putters on casual rounds and throwing both on most holes. I count the first, and practice with the second, which allows good practice on "real life" situations. When I did this in the past, I would typically miss the first one and make the second. Nowadays, it seems like I miss the second more often than not, but I've been hitting my first one pretty consistently, at least within 20-25'. When I'm hitting those 20' putts, my scores are easily 6 strokes better than when I'm missing them. Not surprising.

This probably won't impress anyone, but I shot 2 over par on 9 holes yesterday (the back half of our home course).

It makes ME happy because it's 3 strokes better than I've ever done.

So...
10. Par
11. Par
12. Par
13. Par
14. Double Bogey
15. Par
16. Birdie
17. Par
18. Bogey

One botched drive put me in the rough on 14. Otherwise I'd have made par. :thmbup:

As I haven't been playing for quite a whole year, i'm pretty happy. I think there's a real chance of shooting par on the entire 18 holes by the end of this season.

I've been getting consistently better on my home course.. but I'm too embarrassed to say what my score was today.
One day I'll be good enough to share. ;-)

I haven't played yet, so I'm not really sure why I'm posting. About to brave the 20 ish temp with up to 50 mph wind gusts. Haven't played since October, and just had a drink. Who knows how this'll turn out?

Today was wet with moderate wind. I picked up a domey 170g star sidewinder this morning that I wanted to try out on our local 9 holer. THE SIDEWINDER IS AMAZING. Maybe I just got a good one. Maybe the wind pushed it nicely. Or maybe I've been missing out this whole time and should have tried one of these a long time ago. Effortless distance. Long, predictable, controllable turn.

It flies so easy. Felt like I was throwing a mid range, but with the same effort could pump it out to 350+. There's a 370 ft hole on our course that finishes right that is the only hole on the course I haven't birdied. Today I had a 25 ft look that I wasn't able to cash in on (wind didn't help), but it was a much better look than I usually have.

Today was a good disc golf day. I always hear: "It's the archer, not the arrow," but today I found an arrow that allowed this archer to do some new and exciting things.

Played a casual round with some friends at Bassett Creek. Played pretty well, finishing at -2. My new pair of Compasses got a lot of work and really found themselves as my primary midrange. The longer holes allowed me to throw my Sparks and Thunderbirds, trying to see which one would win out. So far, both are really promising so more tryouts are in order. Putting was decent, and i began seasoning my new Destroyers so today was a good round in my book.

th

...:\:gross:

Won the local doubles league today. It was pretty damn windy and muddy, but still did pretty well. Missed a few putts very badly that I should be at least hitting metal on.

Played a quick 9 after work with some new putter purchases. K1 Reko and Terra Plutoniums from the tee, Scales primarily on approaches, Plutoniums also putted. Not a bad round at all, pars across the board. Loving the pairing of Plutoniums with the Scales and the Reko bested my previous long putter drive by about 25 feet (went 270 with it today, that 300 foot mark is almost within reach).

First actual round ive played this year. Snuck in 18 holes at Mount Simon in Eau Claire WI.

Went way better than expected. Broke in my new discs i acquired a few weeks ago. Threw an all gyro round (save for one shot). Three new discs, MVP matrix, axiom insanity and clash to go along with my old faithful mvp ion. Love them all! Didn't toss the clash as much as i could cover the course with the insanity and matrix, with out any real need for a fairway driver. But still used it a few times.

All in all, great round. Even recorded a personal best putt (~75 feet), with a witness near by. Also canned a great out of the bushes, staring at a tree, crazy hyzer putt.

Got a great feeling about the upcoming season!!!

First FULL round on my home ski hill seasonal course yesterday.

Shot -2 thru 9. Friend hit the cage on 7, good weather, 3 birdies, all around great day.

Now we get a round of teens and single digit temps :mad:

Went out this morning to stomp out the fairways at Gaffney's Grove (due to open soon) and lost my favorite Ion on hole #4.

Went back again just now with gloves and a rake and reclaimed my plastic from the forest. :)

Went out this morning to stomp out the fairways at Gaffney's Grove (due to open soon) and lost my favorite Ion on hole #4.

Went back again just now with gloves and a rake and reclaimed my plastic from the forest. :)

Glad you found it!

I had a nice dubs round and met some cool folks that throw better than I do. My partner and I got a couple birds that no one else did, but we also left some strokes out there by missing 25-40' putts. We could have easily won the round. All in all, a nice day of disc golf. Spring be a comin'!

Tried like hell to figure out Brewer Park in Grand Rapids today, course layout really confused me, and spending 40 minutes looking for a lost disc didn't help either.
Hit Shore Acres in Saugatuck on my way home (one of my favorite courses) and had an awesome time! Hit some new distance records with my new Thrasher, damn! I love that disc!

After a couple weeks without getting to the course, I threw 3 times last week, and again this morning. Not coincidentally, I scored my second best round ever today, with great drives, clutch approaches, and decent putting. Too bad the off season to is soon approaching. But I'll enjoy this while I can.

Was able to sneak out and play a quick round today, but without my bag. The four discs I had in my car were all I had. Med electron ion, med electron atom, proton vector, plasma volt. I was really getting some nice drives with the volt, but not having all firm putter killed my putting. And I really could have used something overstable. Atom is coming out for all resistor and ion for a wizard.

Played for the first time in a couple weeks Saturday, and it showed. Improved drives after fixing my curling reachback problem, but the lack of any putting work ended up being a huge problem. I missed three birdie putts; I usually don't even get a chance for them. The worst was a blind, over-a-hill anny drive that I parked it 10 feet away (another group saw it and complimented me), only to miss the birdie putt.

i've been having a pretty fun time; i think i've played more in the past two weeks than in the last 8 months combined.

i've been messing around with the bag a bit which has been a source of frustration, fretting about what goes where and what if i decide to do this instead, etc. but on the whole it's been a blast.

i've been shooting well and basket hunting, too. two chainouts with my kc aviar and one basket smash with my new warrior during its first round. the superhero i throw has been giving my friends fits and i don't think they'll ever let me live it down, but i've canned a few upshots with it. putting has been pretty on-point. drives come and go, but overall i've been doing alright.