• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

After a couple weeks without getting to the course, I threw 3 times last week, and again this morning. Not coincidentally, I scored my second best round ever today, with great drives, clutch approaches, and decent putting. Too bad the off season to is soon approaching. But I'll enjoy this while I can.

Off season??? Didn't that judt end?

Played two rounds of 9 last night, one from the shorts and one from the longs. Shorts I scored a -2, which is ok. Longs scored even, which is mediocre. Had a good time though.

Gonna play again tonight and get the signage put up as well.

Weird round. There is a 9 hole section of a local course that stayed open through the thaw, by no means a difficult 9, but one that's still good enough to punish you if you're off target. Played 2 runs through it - first revolution: drives were absolutely on point, but with 4 easy putt misses, had to settle for a -2 instead of the -6 I could have had. Second round through, I start turning drives like crazy, I'm much farther away from the basket on average, but all of a sudden, the putting game comes alive, and I hit several long putts to birdie 3 of the last 4 holes I played for a -5 round overall.

Wish I would have not had the yips on the first go through, otherwise, I would have had a great round of golf!

Nothing is more satisfying than seeing a breakthrough field practice payoff on the course. Thanks to help from sidewinder22 and others in the Form Help forum, I was able to reach three baskets on the course today, and had my first multiple birdie round.

Idlewild, hole 6. Having played mediocre so far, today I decided to calm down & throw what the hole would give me, keep it in the fairway (for a change: this hole, I usually shoot 5, 6, or 7 strokes after hitting trees & getting in the rough). Gentle teebird up over the first ridge, Stag fading to the gap slope for the 2nd shot, and the Archer drifting left to right to within 12 feet of the pin. First time I ever had a four feel as good as an ace.
Went on to park holes nine & twelve, and have my fourth shot hit the cage on hole fifteen, I deuced seventeen for the first time, and got to pin high on eighteen on my third throw, to just miss the putt chance for a four there, as well. Felt like I kind of knew how to play disc golf today! :p

I played until I got raw spots on my toes and feet. Lots of playing this week. Hurts. Didn't play very well my 3rd round. Lost a comet under leaves and put a gazelle in a pond.

Not today, but a few days ago. It was a fairly magical day overall. Things cleared up unexpectedly at work, so I took the opportunity, as it was an uncommonly beautiful spring day, even for the Carolinas.

I played Kilborne TPC and considering I don't play that much anymore, I thought my -3(55) was pretty good and was well satisifed with it considering my single bogie and 18 total putts (one 2-putt and a throw-in). I felt like I had played a very good 'control' round - conservative decisions well executed, good management of my errors, good course management and unusually good putting...to top it off, I was just relaxed and focusing only on golfing the whole time. As corny as it sounds, it was probably my best game in almost 20 years.

I even met a new playing partner along the way, and we had a lively dialog for the last 13 holes. At my age, one really appreciates providence...I was really encouraged.

Met up with another dgcr illuminati member and showed him around my local course. Afterwards I had sushi. So much winning today.

Got to experience my first rip-through today, which was awesome.

Played 2 new courses for me in the area, one was disappointing and not worth the drive (though the park was cool) and the other was surprisingly fun even if it wasn't super long, there was plenty of woods and trees to keep things interesting. My scores definitely reflected how well I enjoyed each one.

Best part of the day was how well I was putting, and throwing both the Swan 2 and Crown off the tee.

Went over to Florence WI to play Keye's Peak DGC and prepare for a May 6th tournament, and see an old friend who also discs. Played a round with just the wife and had a blast, beautiful fun course and shot well. Also played in the noon doubles league, and me and my partner won with a -9. My putting was very solid and saved us quite a few twos, including a 45 foot uphill putt. My driving was good but my partner's took the cake. Teamwork at it's finest - a new course and a league win = a great day.

Played 2 new courses for me in the area, one was disappointing and not worth the drive (though the park was cool) and the other was surprisingly fun even if it wasn't super long, there was plenty of woods and trees to keep things interesting. My scores definitely reflected how well I enjoyed each one.

Best part of the day was how well I was putting, and throwing both the Swan 2 and Crown off the tee.

Hey BVic, which courses?

Hey BVic, which courses?

Cambridge and Stoughton. Just been bagging courses on the weekends when it's decent. Stoughton is an interesting layout but short. Cambridge is in a nice park but I thought it was rather boring, and I just played it as quick as I could.

This was actually a couple days ago. I got to play a couple rounds in 15-20mph wind, which is starting to feel pretty comfortable as long as it's not too gusty. My backhand drives are finally catching/surpassing my forehand. My highlight of the day was getting a two on the 18th hole at Griffin in Norman, OK. It's a bit of a downhill, labelled as 480', and with a tailwind. My Champion Tern made it to within 40' or so, and I hit the putt! I didn't think I'd ever get a two on that one... I still finished well over par because of a couple bad holes, but overall it was a nice round - I hit a number of lines that I typically miss. My Surge, Tern, and Valkyrie were all acting just like I wanted.

Best round I've ever played, rated a whopping 810 by DCGR's inflated numbers. Pretty good considering we had 18 mph winds, with gusts of 30.

New plastic test day

I threw in the field today. Grabbed a new ultra light Tesla (138), Switch (157), and Matrix (167). All have a place in my admittedly rookie bag, but the little Tesla may have found a place in my heart. :thmbup:

Effortless distance and pure control from the first handshake, as long as the wind stays down. Flicks beyond 100' have always eluded me but this disc has given me results and confidence.

Mediocre.
Started out the round with an ace run on a 270 foot uphill shot with my Envy, bounced off the basket and rolled 20 feet to the OB behind the pin. Missed the putt because I haven't been in practice for putting and there was a headwind... but mainly because I was out of practice haha. Picked up a couple birds on the next few holes until an open 400 footer with a stiff headwind. Pulled out the motion and what do you know I put it in the grass 150 feet away, took a 4 on the hole that should have been a routine 3 if not a 2. Rest of the round was either birdie or bogey with one double bogey tossed in. Ended up +1 for the day, which isn't great, but considering my number of bogeys I'd say it was alright.