• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Well, it was yesterday, but I got the #1 tag, birdied two holes in the same round that are pretty long(A first for me) and pretty sure had my highest rated round(I really don't know what that means).

Well it was actually Friday, not today, but I finally got over and played Flip City for the first time. It doesn't matter how I played, it was a great day...

Played my first "tour" round yesterday, just the local club going at it every Monday for the summer.

My tactic was to power down to stay on fairway. It just ended up in as many trees (heavily wooded course) and the clean ones shorter then usually. 2 throws over my standard result... Lesson learned, let loose and do what you know, not less. ;)

Had quite a good long weekend of disc golf. Played in the King of Keye's tournament in Florence WI Saturday. Played the WORST round of the year for me in the first round, with a 65. It was a bummer especially since the top card barely broke even. But I was very happy with how I bounced back in the second round, shooting a 57. Ended up 16th out of 20 in advanced. And if I didn't have ONE HORRIBLE GRIPLOCK on hole 14 that ended me with a 6, I could've jumped 3-5 places in the standings. Oh well, a bit more consistency and I'll be doing alot better in my next tournament.

Also finally got to Rollin' Ridge yesterday; trooped it out through the short tees to short basket layout even with the swampy conditions, so I got to play the main layout. Shot a +4 which isn't great, but I LOVED the course and it deserves it's rating and place in the top 10. Threw a second round in the spring layout, as to avoid the swamps, and threw a +3, including a birdie on 17 (long tees to long basket), and after a terrible early release drive on 18 (long tees to long baskets), I was able to scramble and save a par 5. Great way to end an awesome day at an amazing course.

I played for the first time in six months. Just two easy nine holers. My backhand and putting was surprisingly in tact. Forehand, however, was ROUGH. That'll need a little practice to get back to where it was.

Played pretty well. Went to Middletown park after work, which is wide open font and park with trees on the back. I missed 5 outside the circle putts by fractions of an inch. It's tough to gauge the swirly winds there sometimes, even when it seems calm. Finished -2, which is not bad for me, could have been -7 though.

Lost two discs on one hole (no water hazard). A new record, even for my weak game. Good news, the new course in Maple Valley has baskets on 16 of 18 holes and should be completely done in another couple of days.

Random draw doubles league night tonight. I was playing really well by my standards, but my partner was incredibly good. Finished in a 6-way tie for the last spot in the money, and there was a CTP playoff between all 6 teams for the cash. My partner's shot won, which means I actually brought home money from disc golfing for the first time.

On the negative side, I got hit in the top of my foot by an errant drive from another group. Hurts like hell and seems to be swelling.

Meh. League night, and played below my best. Highlight: near ace tickled left side chains on hole 4 at Turtlecreek. Having just played Monroe earlier this week (topped hole 5 and chained out on 16), I'm hoping for some ace luck to come my way for the Cincinnati Course Challenge vs Dayton on the 20th!

Meh. League night, and played below my best. Highlight: near ace tickled left side chains on hole 4 at Turtlecreek. Having just played Monroe earlier this week (topped hole 5 and chained out on 16), I'm hoping for some ace luck to come my way for the Cincinnati Course Challenge vs Dayton on the 20th!

I hit hooks on 16 at Mudroe two weeks ago, jeff.:thmbup:

Too bad I turned my ankle again... again Sunday at Airy... I think I stepped in the same hole I did last year.:doh::doh::doh::doh: Not too bad this time. I should be able to play Saturday with a small tape job...

I was planning to play that, but we're moving the following weekend so I'm stuck packing. How is Monroe? I've never played it.

I was planning to play that, but we're moving the following weekend so I'm stuck packing. How is Monroe? I've never played it.

24 holes most under 300ft but very woody. The elevation changes are used to great effect and its usually windy for the less wooded holes.

Last edited:
Played Seneca Creek after work two nights in a row. Tuesday night was putrid - couldn't drive, approach, or putt (but otherwise great :doh: ).

Last night was vastly improved - hit most of the lines and saved a couple of pars with barely-within-my-range, no-chains required jump putts.

Best drives were #6B - hugged the right side of the tunnel and had a 40' look at birdie (missed putt), and #2D - held a 330' anny on a ~380' hole (missed putt).

Would have been nice to make one of those putts, but realistically I am delighted to have a birdie look on those holes. Heck on #6 I am usually delighted with par. :D

Played Jolly on Wednesday. First throw in a couple weeks. It was muddy but I was headed towards a round under par for the first time but fell apart at the end with a 3 putt on 18. :doh: I had meant to grab a different putter before I left but forgot. Still no excuse. I had an ace run on 2 with a Buzzz that hit the pole and another on 6 that went just behind the basket. I turned over my C FD on a couple holes which is weird because it wasn't windy. Could have been some wrist roll. Threw an N Resistor for the first time and parked 10 with it so that was nice. My drive on 12 was pin high, but they have made that hole a lot easier now with the hyzer line. Had a good time.. always do out there

Doubles leagues last night. Horrible. Putts were decent, a few inside circle putts that went wide right and I new it right as I let go. Drives are off, that was the killer. For both me and my partner. A couple clutch park jobs but too many drives that left me shaking my head. Its my first round in a week, showed up in the knick of time, no warm ups, no stretching, basically parked, grabbed my stuff, paid just in time for roll call and then took a card and off we went. No idea what we ended up shooting. I think it was only a couple under par. And now its supposed to rain all weekend so I wont be able to get back out and clean things up.

Played Handyman Ace Hardware (a.k.a. Fairborn) for the first time. I'd been warned about it, but I sure as hell didn't expect to shoot an 85. Spent more time looking for discs than actually playing, though at least I came back with all of them. Pretty course, but I don't think I'll be going back anytime soon.

Went to play a new to me course, Muddy Run, near Lancaster PA. It was about 55 degrees with mist and light rain, with a few bouts of gusty wind. My drives were garbage. Inconsistent everything off the tee. Fortunately I was pretty good with my second shots, approaches, and great with putts. My comfort zone for putting is getting bigger by the round lately, and I am putting through the chains with confidence. We played the golds, which is a pretty long course. I finished 10 over, which I wasn't too upset with. I feel if I don't have the tee box yips I might have gone closer to 4 or 5 over. Some of those long holes I just can't reach in less than 3 for the time being. 750' and uphill is rough when on a good day I throw about 300-315'. Two great drives and I'm still left with a 100' or better approach and hopefully one putt.

No matter, I had fun, played with some friends, got soaked from unmowed grass on 16 (seriously a 747' hole over an unmowed field with no landing zone) and came home happy.

Played Highbridge yesterday, shot a +4 on Woodland - which is worse than I should be shooting on that course, and a +6 on Gold - which is AWESOME for me on that monster course; held a +4 all the way to hole 18, which I just HAD to 3 putt and take a 6 on ullghh. But still for that course I can't complain. ALMOST parred the huge par 6; chained out on the circle's edge putt for par, getting close though.

Went back again today with the wife, and shot even on Woodland Greens, which I am quite content with. My overall average scores at Highbridge (and other courses in general), are slowly but consistently falling. Great weekend of dg!

Shot my second ever even par round yesterday; three birdie, three bogies. Had a great day! I have one other even par and a under par round (short, easy course, so I don't really count it). All of these since the start of the year, the results of more field work and some form changes.