• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Mediocre at best. No tree love and inconsistent up shots led to a worse than average score.

Only highlight was hitting my approach from outside 150' (which I was told is a 'field ace') on a hole that I had never before scored par. :clap:

1 birdie, 7 bogies, and a couple of doubles. Working on consistency. :(

Played a second round. 3 bogeys. Missed three easy twos, and still tied my personal best. Four shots off of the course record and I left 6 strokes out there.

Not happy, even though I played really well.

Saturday- Hiestand 54
-Vallarta 56
Sunday- Birds Ruin 57 ( 19 holes)
Monday- Vallarta 75 (27 holes)

Played Zobel last week for the first time. 60 and 66.
Fun week of golf. Happy B-day DGCR.

Moved this weekend and got a chance to play my new home course, Stubbs Park DCG. Lost my favorite driver, not in any of the three water hazards, but in the woods when I turned it over too much.

Got out for revenge yesterday since i was really upset about how i threw on sunday. Did pretty well at cp adams. Met some fun people and acted as a guide for a couple dudes who had never thrown it before. Had a good time throwing a few on the long holes. Satisfying to see I'm still gaining distance, even if it's just a few feet at a time. Threw the ghost a lot from a standstill and played very consistently.

Played Richlands-Steed on Sunday.
Shot even par 54, which was somewhat disappointing, but it was windy so a lot of putts got blown around.
Parked Hole 8, 351' a little bit uphill, first time ever parking #8 for me. Super stoked. I've been working on my distance for a few years and finally seeing some progress.
Parked Hole 9, 336' uphill. Not the first time, but still felt great.
Still working on the form so I can park Hole #5, 435' uphill.

Shot a +4 and +1 at Johnson Street on Sunday. The first round I was rounding a lot. Corrected my form, slowed down and focused on smooth motion, and was much improved in the second round. Played with an old friend who was in town. We hadn't played together since I first started playing. He was pretty psyched about my improvement from 3 months as a DGer to 16 months as a DGer.

I did some course bagging over the past couple days. I hadn't played any courses in the Tulsa area, so I managed to make it to a bunch of new courses, including Blackhawk, McClure, and the Lodge - Island Course. Those three were definitely the highlights, even though I got rained on pretty hard at the Lodge course, and though a couple Blackhawk fairways were unplayable cuz of water. As a side note, it's just evil how Blackhawk's few water holes have trees hanging out over the water to grab your disc and drop it 15' from shore. Overall, I'm quite impressed with the Tulsa Disc Sports Association (I think that's the name) and the disc golf scene in town.

I also knocked off a few nice little nine holers and more casual courses. While playing some less serious two and three disc rounds, I started to realize that I should consider putting with my Buzzz more regularly... My current "minimalist setup" is Buzzz plus Undertaker. Depending on the course and conditions, throw in a Comet or Firebird and I'm good to go as long as there aren't too many holes over 350'.

Not good. First full round of the year, completely lost my timing and consistency. played the blue tees. Ended up with a 57, took about 1/4 of my shots, but most of those were upshots or partner went ob.

After a couple of terrible rounds at Buckeye, it was nice to have a good round, even if at Enterprise. -3 is or ties my best with a mix of shorts and longs. First time for 4 straight birdies, too.

Best Round Ever

Hit three straight birdies yesterday at Gaffney's Grove and still managed to shoot a +4 58, thanks to a couple of double bogeys and three bogies.

Played again today, after volunteering from 5:30 am - 11:30 am at Lake Wilderness Park for a triathlon with 550 contestants and easily as many spectators and volunteers. Was rewarded with my best round to date, +2 with only one birdie and 3 splash outs.

Played with four great guys and had a blast. Confidence is growing.

Hadn't played in two months and had the unexpected chance to play Tyler State Park East in Newtown PA yesterday. With none of my discs w/ me I found a shop, bought two burners and had a hell of a round. That course kicked my ass but I ended up w/ 11 pars and 7 bogies. Not bad for a professional recreational. The arm is nice and sore today though!

Got a couple rounds in today, have a couple good courses within 10 min of my house. Both are full 18 and are friendly but not easy. First round I didn't play too hot. Lost a Valkyrie on the first hole. It was my last one I had, my buddy gave it to me when he stopped throwing them and I was bagging them. Well anyways that ones gone. Felt like I couldn't make a putt all round. Total airmailed a few birdies from inside 30, then the par combackers. Approach game was fine, driving was meh. Found a couple disc in the water after the round looking for the one I lost. No name or number on either, good discs for my kid, both are 150 class.

Second round at the other course was ok. Didn't lose plastic and made a few good putts from at least 40 and overall felt I made some good throws. Didn't keep score that round since I figured I'd rather enjoy the sunny afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note to self - don't play tourneys the day after a road trip.

I was pretty exhausted and to top it off it was pouring for the first 2 holes of round 1. Started with a circle 4, then lost my go to Leopard in the water on the next hole. All down hill from there. Hadn't shot a sub 900 round in a while, but got 2 of them Saturday.

I got to play some more new courses in Tulsa, including the Chandler Park courses and Hunter Park. I hit a "cubby ace" on hole 8 of the Chandler - Moose Run course. I was deciding between Comet and Pure for the 174' hole 8, which requires the classic "straight/turn through trees then fade." I went Pure and managed to chunk it straight into the trees instead of getting adequate turn. Then I threw my Z Comet: perfect height, turned out of sight, and then came back into view for the chains. I wish I would have thrown that one first!!! But I previously had only one ace, so I suppose it means something. Plus, my previous ace was a tomahawk, so at least this one was a nice Comet backhand line. Note to self: never doubt the power of the Comet. My Z Comet (acts more like an X, I think) has been performing beautifully lately, so I need to start trusting it more often over the other shots/discs I can use on similar wooded lines.

Low light of the day: managed to get a 4 on the shortest hole of the 6 courses I played. Around 150', and managed to three putt after leaving the tee shot short. Ouch.

Plenty of birdies and overall a lot of fun disc golf. I got to play 3 9-holers which were pretty good, especially Zeigler Park and the Oral Roberts course.

Yesterday I managed to get 5 different scores on the first 5 holes. 2,3,4,5 and 1. The round started out promising, but things were going in the wrong direction until hole 5.