• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Made it to Clearwater! I played the long tees at Cliff Stevens and then Coachman. I got very few birdies, but upshots were good, so I only had a few bogeys after going OB. I lost 2 discs at Cliff, and the sad thing is that it could have been worse! But I had plenty of fun. As far as my game goes, the forehand was a little off today, I had a couple of embarrassingly bad backhand grip-locks, and my 20 to 45 foot putting game is atrocious!

Yesterday played Almon Park w my wife, and she threw like a madwoman!! So proud of her for parring half the course and almost having a couple of birdies as well. Shes also throwing Rocs well over 200 feet nowadays!

As for me I took a two under, which I have no conplaints about. Could've had a few more twos; the last three holes in a row left me with 45-50 foot putts, the first and last which hit outside chains and the middle one I hit the cage. Even though they werent makes, I am happy to consistently hit metal so much. Now for some fine tuning.

Also today got to meet up with a good friend who I havent seen in over a year, and holy crap he is just as into disc golf as I am now!!! He's even a PDGA member whereas I still am not, it was crazy. Threw Mountain Man's course, didnt keep score, just had fun tossing around.

It's not actually how I played today, but how I played at league Monday. The league boss was kind of slacking this week and didn't get the scores posted until today. I knew I came in 2nd Monday night, but the big news was that I moved up to first place from 5th! I've never been in 1st place in anything, but to be there in my first singles league at almost 63 years old feels really good! I love this sport!

Played a round with a co-worker. Very windy day. Did not use good form at all. My co-worker threw his new favorite disc (crave) into the water and used my golden retriever to get it, he was amazed at how it worked so well. Then he threw it in again on another hole, retrieved a second time. He threw a Vulcan in on another hole, retrieved a third time.

Get to hole 18 he has me by 1... that is how I played, awful...
I have a great drive, he comes up short, he approaches and parks it. Now I had to make a 45 footer to tie. Jump putt, just miss the basket... 5 feet behind is a sheer 8 foot drop into murky water.
A new fossil wizard goes in... luckily we retrieved it.

Saved ~$70 that day, good day but bad play.

Haven't played yet...it is currently 94, with 45% humidity ( that is low for us BTW ) and the real feel is supposed to be 103, :thmbdown: !

This is not very motivating to go throw some Frisbees :eek:.

Two rounds this morning. First by myself, started bad with an early bogey followed by a double then fought back with a lot of two-putt pars and finished 1 under.
2nd round hooked up with a couple guys and threw a round of the beast 666. 6 birdies, 6 pars and 6 bogies.
Even isn't bad for me on this course but weird way to get there.

Not very well. Putted poorly and threw poorly for the first 9. Remembered to be smooth which fixed things, and drove/approached well but still putted poorly on the back 9. Had a jaw drop moment on number 3 at cp adams, just crushed a turnover and was maybe 140' out with a clear run at the basket. That drive just didn't want to come out of the sky, definitely my farthest in a long time. I should've ran it to try for an unheard of (amongst us mortals) deuce but I couldn't muster the courage. I threw an upshot with my lid and called it a day.

Played a tight round at Seneca Creek today with a buddy. Shot a +2...played 1-9 then hit holes 19-27. Snagged a few birdies and had some nasty tie ups with some trees that led to a couple bogies. My drives were really zoned in today. Shot some hyzer-flips with my Valks, some laser shots with the Mamba, and some extra boogie shots with my Lat64 Bolt. My Stingrays, Rocs, and Mako really stepped up today and weaved some sweet lines through the trees. A really fun round out there. Highlights for me: nailed a 50 foot putt on hole 3 for the bird. Drive with my Valk on 22 was 3 feet from the basket. And drive on hole 6 with my DX Valk was right down the tunnel 50 feet from the basket. Zoned in was the theme today! :D

Quite solidly. I played two rounds at Lakewood Hills, shot a 51 and a 52. Then, I went to Acorn DGC, played one round there, shot a 49. Followed that up with two rounds at Hansen Park, shot a 32 and a 33. Playing all as par 3s, -17 on the day. Will probably get some night rounds in too, but do not know where yet. Good day of disc.

Played the longs at Vicksburg Recreation Area for the first time this year. Canned two putts outside of 50', but took a circle-6 on #12. They cancelled each other out and I finished right about where I should, +8 (62).

Climo once said that bogeys will kill your score. So too will circle-sixes.

Crap crap mega crap. Shot like flaming puke at leagues. Dunno what happened. Threw a practice round on the front nine and hit all my lines. During the actual round, just crapped the bed. Better get back to putting practice for me.

Sunday played like crap. couldn't hit anything in the 30-25 foot range. Partner was the same way. Monday night was much the same with drives being even worse then Sunday. Heres to hoping it was just a bad weekend. Need to hit the basket and field work.

Had one of my best shots ever at Ashe County Park today on hole 15. It's a 324' valley shot that you have throw over a 60'-80' deep valley and the landing area is prime for a long roll away. I managed to get my Lucid Renegade parked 2' from the basket. How it held on to the side of the hill I may never know.

Decent round this morning - -1 from the short tees to the short pins. Should have been -3 or 4; need to get the practice basket out and do some work.

Had a cool experience last night before leagues. I was playing some holes to warm up and a couple walked up to me while I was on the tee pad and asked where the basket was. I tried to point it out and told them all the baskets had just been moved to the long positions and this particular basket was mostly hidden by trees and a slight drop off just before the basket. You can barely see the upper half of the basket through the trees, and the best route is a rhbh big hyzer throw (about 250' line of sight, or 300'+ with the hyzer throw). So I said let me throw and you can see about where the basket is. So I pulled out a champ krait and threw the hyzer on the line I wanted -- one skip and it hit chains, then I heard it settle in the basket. They were like, hey that was cool! :)

Shot 13 under at doubles league tonight - and STILL didnt win anything, got 3rd place behind a -14 and a -17. I had CTP for awhile too and that got taken from me too!!

But I am nonetheless very happy with my play tonight. I drove like a madman, and my partner putted like a madman. One of the few putts he missed I was able to make too. Great night.

Latest posts