• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

I see this thread has slowed down, but I gotta post somewhere!

Played my first tournament this weekend. Three rounds on a solid and challenging course. I got to experience the ups and downs of tournament play. My first round was my best, even though I bogeyed the first three holes cuz of the jitters. After that, I cooled down, played my game, got some lucky tree misses/bounces, and hit some decent putts.

After that, the course bared its teeth in round 2. I had 3 double bogeys and a triple with a rollaway three putt. 10 over, but I could have done worse! Round 3 should have been much better, but I managed to miss gimme putts on my last two holes, and I left plenty of strokes out there.

It was a blast, and I ain't done playing tournaments!

Nice job, disregard my question on your other thread, since you answered it here. I really wanted to go see the pfdo live but had other commitments this weekend. Congrats on your first tournament experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2i7od8p.jpg

'Roc Clinic' day. No attendees (never are). Rolled up to beautiful and spacious Walnut Ridge in Johnston, Iowa afterwork, but my buds cashed out. Not bothering with a round, dropping on a big focused chill. A couple quad chairs for targets, cold ones, a sweet home base moderately speakered up picnic table and of course a pile of DX Rocs. Being a good neighbor with 3 cold ones paid forward and some general happy socializing.

Purple scruffy top Roc is named Kevin. Clean rim, but I have him a rough upside gravel dance a couple months ago. Texture works. Might join bag soon.

//More pic this thread

Played on Saturday for the first time since May. Rusty would be putting it generously. Backhand and putting were miserable, forehand was passable. Very nice to be back on the course.

Played doubles this morning, getting some confidence back. I watched too many form videos and thought I should rework everything and my body just isn't capable of good form. I'm getting back to hugging myself and rolling my wrist, but it feels better and I'm not early releasing and only getting 150' off the tee.
On a brighter note we used some of my drives, a lot of my approaches and I even made a circles edge, in the rough, turbo putt. Hearing a new player say "WTF was that?" made my whole week.

Shot a personal worst on Highbridge Woodland Greens for my first round yesterday, at +6. A four putt for an 8 on hole 5 was a contributing factor to the abysmal score.

Proceeded to shoot a personal best after lunch on Highbridge Blueberry Hill, at +4 (I almost never shoot under par here). Finally parred the long hole 8, got a sweet 65 foot putt to save bogey after an OB stroke on 13 into the pond, 3 birdies, just an overall great round for me.

With a bunch of discs that I literally just put in a bag to check capacity, I beat my nemesis twice in a row. Went out of state and just grabbed that bag, to maybe get in some practice, with discs I never throw. We played 2 different courses, both rounds, he was ahead by 2 strokes after 8 holes. First round I won by 3, 2nd by 1.

And this weekend may give the sss Wizard a permanent spot in my bag. Wind putting was great.

Played Saturday with an old friend from out of town. I shot a -2 at Creekside and missed a few putts by inches. The four of us all shot under par, so it was a great day. The heat and humidity though were insane. Did field work yesterday for a couple hours in similar heat. It's been brutal here in central NC now for a while. Bring on Fall!

Lost my first disc on our brand new course.:doh: I'll probably have to wait for the frost to kill the ferns before I find it. Other than that I played pretty well. My driving has improved a lot this year.:thmbup:

Threw a personal best at White River. Drained a lot of long putts in the process, and naturally missed a gimme for birdie on the river hole. Because why not? Also noticed that the dgcoursereview app has me listed as a 223 rated player because apparently unrated rounds count as a zero toward your average. And today was the first round on my new phone that counted toward the rating. That aside, it was a darn good day.

Shot even par and -3 at Johnson Street yesterday. My putting was very solid, as it has been lately, and the Nova was working great for my upshots. We brought along a friend's stepdad for his first ever round of disc golf. Lots of fun!

I think it might be best if I take another dg break, perhaps indefinitely.

Took a half-day of vacation to play with a buddy who had to evacuate the SC lowlands...(This was yesterday.)

Played pretty well. A warm up at Renske, then a dubs round at Hornet's Nest. But the most memorable thing about the day was my friend's girlfriend.

I am happily married, two kids, and over 50. They are in their twenties, and he's about as pretty as she is. So...yeah. I mean zero disrespect to my wife, or to the couple.

But dang, dude. You hit the jackpot with beauty-brains-talent. Don't blow it! :hfive:

Been playing one disc rounds lately. Yesterday I decided to take the Berg out and have some fun. +7 on my home course which, for me, is killin it. After yesterdays round I decided to drop the Aviar from my bag and put the Berg in as it was pretty clutch for putting as well.

Probably not terribly impressive, given the current pin configuration, but a -2 on the original 18 hole layout of Dretzka Park. One birdie that had skip in ace potential, but came to rest 2' away.

Only bogey was on a hole where a guy walked up to the tee at the same time as me from God knows where, and let me play ahead of him (I was following the actual course layout) but I felt a bit of pressure to hole out quickly (and needed to get back to work soon), so I shanked an easy putt.

Best ever round Sunday Playing doubles finished 5 down including my 4 solo birds. Partner had two. Only the one bogey... Even alone i doubt i would have more than one more. Only missed one makeable put.

Aced a wide open field hole yesterday. Not that impressive of a hole, but amazing for me - it was April, '17 since my last ace. 350' R-Pro Wraith. Also tied my personal course record (hot start, luke warm back 9).

Had a nice stretch of 8 2s in a row at Elver yesterday. I believe it was the longest streak of the year for me at Elver short tees, which is impressive given that baskets were at long spots, and it was on the back 9, which is significantly tighter than the front. 6 or 7 in a row is pretty common on the front 9 to short pins.

Hit my second 2 of the round on a nice circles edge putt from the trees on hole 9. Stayed on the birdie train through a great BH roller on 16.

Last edited:
Had two pretty poor rounds in a B tier. I had some tree luck on two shots, but other than that it was some really disappointing approach and putting. Round 3 today... looking for redemption!

Latest posts