• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Got out to Kaposia this morning to get a quick round in. Played pretty well overall. Started with a birdie, which helped boost the rest of the round. Had a few really bad holes though, 2 doubles and a quad bogey. But despite those, and a couple bogeys, I got 6 birdies and managed to finish +4. This is a pretty difficult course for the area, but nothing too advanced, but I think that's a solid score considering the mistakes and bad breaks. Kinda curious what it'd be rated, just cause.

If anything he putter was on fire!!! 3-4 putts from about 50 feet. Counted a couple out at 16 and 22 paces roughly. It was pretty windy too, so they felt extra sweet. Definatel saved me a lot of strokes, and just feels great to knock down some long ones when the rest of your games having struggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 hole layout, long baskets?

At the 2015 MN Ams, the first round was 27 holes...26 long layout and one temp.
I shot 83, which should be +2, and that was 979 rated for that layout. 85 was 967.

If that helps.

Today I played very well! I shot two rounds, the first was a 5 over at ditto in Hagerstown MD, short tee to long baskets. It was a good round but I left a few too many strokes out there on my upshots, which I'm usually quite strong at.

Second round was ditto classic layout, long to red basket. Shot a 1 over, which is great for me. If I didn't duff two putts from the edge of the circle I'd have finished under for my second time. I hit all my lines, only got off the fairway twice, sank some long putts, and gave the rest of my putts fair runs, but was just a little high. One was a straight up chain out off the pole which sucks, but can't do anything about that.

Overall I feel great about my game today. Was throwing smooth and far, not trying to overpower anything, hitting putts and playing smart shots. What a day!

My second to last round was solo and I played my best ever (-1) and then my last I was joking around with friends and shot +20

77 on a par 54. I'll save you the quick math, it's a +23
Three sevens, one of which was circled.
A six. Three fives. Three fours. A mess of threes. And ONE lonely two
Once my round was a bust, I ran every ace opp and managed to skip into a glancing chain tickle.
Short of the long, 'twas a painful showing

Last edited:
Yesterday I shot my best on a course I play regularly at 48 on what I consider to be a par 55 (posted par is wonky at Marinette city park). Hit some holes I don't often get and putted consistency. Most importantly: no bogies! First bogie free round there, and it showed in my score.

Thunk! Crack! Kick!

I was registered for my first tournament, but missed it due to a last minute work trip. Couldn't get back home in time, but had a few discs and got to play the famed Moraine, north of Pittsburgh, for the first time. I enjoyed it thoroughly. Good thing I made it out early, but I still had to skip hole 18, since players were practicing for a tournament.

I had a minimalist travel bag with me. Proton Ion, Z Buzzz, Champ Teebird. It's embarrassing how well that bag performs... I also had an ESP Surge (a misprint, pop top, way domey, and surprisingly beefy with dumpy end fade) that I brought for exactly one shot, the downhill on 14. I shot 4 over from the middle tees, through 17 holes, with one mulligan. Those par 5s are great, especially hole 6. I missed 3 opportunities for birdies on par 4s, either with a crummy approach or a botched edge of circle putt. Most of my extra strokes were from being off the fairway, as might be the norm out here. I might have shaved a few strokes with an Undertaker or Firebird for a few shots, but this is a great Teebird course for controlled distance.

Good luck to you folks in the tourney. Even with some rain drops, it's beautiful out there!

In just over a 24 hour span, I threw another ace, played hole number 50,000 in my score book, passed 2500 miles of throws, and won another State Senior Games gold medal (currently hold the 'title' in my age bracket in all three of the closest states to home). Got home to spend an hour or two with my wife and our granddaughter (the little one is at an amazingly cute and fun age, almost 11 months old).
...Pretty sweet weekend!

pretty good. Drove well and made most my putts, but missed one or two in the circle I know I could have had. Played a really fun uphill ace run hole today, only 180'. Tried running it with my particle and thought I had it, but it was half a foot high. Maybe next time.

Played an alright round, one unfortunate bogey but a handful of birdies. Then drove 45 minutes down the way to another, much more technical course. On hole 2 I realized I left my most coveted, technical, woods disc behind on hole 4 of the last course. :wall: Had a terrible round on 2nd course, at practically every tee I was reaching for the disc that wasn't there. Fortunately, found the disc on my way back home.

Finally broke par (actual par, not course par) at my home course. Unfortunately lost my KC Aviar trying to lay up in front of a pond. Should have just thrown over it :\

pretty good. Drove well and made most my putts, but missed one or two in the circle I know I could have had. Played a really fun uphill ace run hole today, only 180'. Tried running it with my particle and thought I had it, but it was half a foot high. Maybe next time.

What course was this?

Yesterday I got beat- along with everyone on my card- by a 13yo.

This kid is going to crush the world. Holy crap.

Shot my first bogey-free round recently, 5 birdies, the rest pars. Had another one going last weekend but ended up with one bogey and a -3 under. My putting has been great lately. Still working on improvements to everything else.

Had just a fun day today. Played Elver and Hiestand (spelling?) in Madison today with an old college buddy and then played my local course in Watertown on my way back home. There is a big masters tournament this weekend in town and I got to be the tour guide to a solid player from the twin cities who was practicing for the event. I played pretty solid the entire day, but the guy I played with pointed out an issue with my putt that I have probably been doing for the past 10 years so I am pretty jacked to try to fix that.

First round in months today. +3 at PJ Irvin park. It was good to get the chance to go throw.

Shot -3 and -1 today at Creekside. Hit my lines all day but missed a few birdie putts that I should of canned. Now at home, getting read to nap off a belly full of July 4th cookout food. Happy Independence Day all!

Badly. Between low energy, tight muscles, the middle fingers of my throwing hand hurt from lifting something, and being more focussed on recording gps coordinates of tees and pin positions for a map of the course, I got a +19. :\

Had a great modified weekend. Played with my 969 rated Wisconsin buddy on his annual 4th of July trip south. He said I beat him at Buckhorn, I'm sure he beat me at East Clayton (dubs), I probably beat him at Middle Creek, he almost certainly beat me at Leigh Farm, and I definitely crushed him at UNC (dubs again). Of course we just play casual and don't actually keep score.

So, great "weekend" of disc golf. Almost forgot to mention, he broke the middle toe on his plant foot last week so he had no run up (only reason I was even close).

Got Nate Perkins as my random draw doubles partner. Had a few shanks off the tee, but nearly aced and did cash a couple of long-ish putts. Awesome guy.

u5xWmDW.jpg

Latest posts