• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Pretty up and down round. Started with a solid par, followed by bogie, double, bogie. Strung a few pars then another double. Hit the back 9 and settled down and went 5 birds in a row. Hit a couple more, and another bogie to end +1. Not a great score at all for me, but considering the battle I was happy with anything close to par. Really felt like my mental game has started to progress after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my most consistent day ever today. First round I parred 16 straight, bogied 17, and then parred 18. Second round I had 2 birdies, 4 bogies, the rest pars. So +1 and +2 respectively; not my best scores ever, as I have shot -4 under up to par quite a few times now but definitely the longest par streak I've ever had and 29 pars out of 36 holes is my best for 2 consecutive rounds.

Played a solo round at the local course today, nothing spectacular, shot my average. But, weather was absolutely perfect, in the mid 40's temperature wise. Some would think that is a crazy statement, but I just love playing in this weather, no sweat running in your eyes, I just love it!:D

On a work trip. Played Mountain Cove DGC in Chickamauga, GA. Only brought a Leo3, Jokeri, and Sole. Shot course par with 4 birds and 4 bogeys. Found 2 discs, which both belonged to the same person.

Awesome course, especially right now with the fall colors out in force.

Went to my home course (9 hole par 27) for some field work and to shoot some YouTube videos. After that I played a couple rounds first round shot 40 (usually play between 36-38) second round I cleaned up my putting and didn't throw my disc in the creek on 6 and shot 33 matching my personal best for the 3rd time

I played the round of my life yesterday. It was short tees at the easiest course around, but I shot a -7 for 9 holes. I've never come anywhere near that ever, on any course. I've only been playing a little under 2 years, so even at age 50, I'm still improving. But I never expected this.

I shot par on holes 1 and 2 and then birdied the next 7. I could not believe what was happening. Every drive off the tee went exactly where I wanted it. I had one or two putts outside 15 feet, everything else was a tap-in.

For me, this was like a magical day I'll never forget. And I had a friend there to witness it. What I was most surprised by is how the pressure to keep the birdie streak going never got to me. I was sure that would be the end of it for me, but it never happened.

Was shooting a tidy -1 through the first ten of a difficult local course, then completely fell apart. bogey-double bogey-bogey-par-bogey-bogey. Birdied one of the final two holes, but everything was completely erratic over those six holes and every shot was turning when I was cheating towards the fade and fading when I was cheating towards the turn.

Those types of rounds are just deflating.

And now played the same course again today

Even. One bogey / five pars on the same six hole stretch, had a miracle putt about 50' long, around a huge tree go in chainless on hole #1 and had a tee shot nearly go in for ace elsewhere on the course. Much better round today!

Knocked my best score down one with a +6 at Buckeye Park. No birdies (a little frustrating to have birdied #15 3x straight, and then the last three rounds not get it). Hole 18, I'm looking at the score, thinking, 'Par and i've got a new best score,' and then I turn over my tee shot a little and it gets knocked down by a manzanita branch about 60' down the fairway. Uhhh... So I pull out the Z Comet, stretch out as much as I can into the fairway...and park it! Low score saved! Hole 10 was interesting, too. Throwing across a valley. I did't get the Champ Shryke off as clean as I wanted, but I've thrown a lot worse...it turns, comes back, hits near the top of the slope straight across from me. (Ah, that's okay) When it hits it kinda bounces up and rolls (Oh no!!!) uphill (Yeah!) for a couple of feet, and then does this little turn and starts to roll down hill :)eek:), and after a couple feet does a half circle around and lays down. (Whew!) In moments an emotional rollercoaster. LOL

Today was a big win for disc golfing husbands everywhere. I was able to dodge a lame destination wedding (score!), which means I am wife-free this whole holiday weekend. I managed to bag 5 new courses today, 5! I plan on bagging 3-5 more tomorrow, assuming I don't get too hammered celebrating today's Herculean feat. No guarantees.

Was "encouraged" to get out of the house so my wife could get the house ready for Thanksgiving dinner. Played my first putters-and-mids-only round, and shot my average anyway. Huh.

Got out to Kaposia this morning to get a quick round in. Played pretty well overall. Started with a birdie, which helped boost the rest of the round. Had a few really bad holes though, 2 doubles and a quad bogey. But despite those, and a couple bogeys, I got 6 birdies and managed to finish +4. This is a pretty difficult course for the area, but nothing too advanced, but I think that's a solid score considering the mistakes and bad breaks. Kinda curious what it'd be rated, just cause.

If anything he putter was on fire!!! 3-4 putts from about 50 feet. Counted a couple out at 16 and 22 paces roughly. It was pretty windy too, so they felt extra sweet. Definatel saved me a lot of strokes, and just feels great to knock down some long ones when the rest of your games having struggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played in a charity BYOP. For the first time ever, we didn't end up on the last card for the second round. Finished 10th out of 15 in Rec, which is actually an improvement. Also won these in a raffle :)

bKEKcB.jpg

I hit dead center chains on a short 230 ft hole but it didn't stick with my Z Comet. At least I got the birdie cause it stayed right there. I've seen people do the same thing and roll into the OB creek about 10 feet away. The same comet was headed out of bounds but hit a tree and rolled to about 5 feet from the basket. Birdie on a par 5. Shot minus six when I usually get about par on this course. I think I'll go buy a lottery ticket now that I'm thinking about it.