• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

Got out today with some guys I met through Disc Buddy. Went to a course called Centre Hills in Aurora. Not my best round ever, shooting +14 for 18 holes. But, I did record some of my longest on course throws to date. I have been working on some body mechanic over the last few weeks and they are starting to show. Now if I can change a few small things I might actually get this all dialed. I can't wait to get out again.

On a sad note, my Emac Judge is sitting on the ice and the pond is giving me the proverbial finger right now. Putted up hill missing the basket, and having the disc roll down the hill and almost all the way across the pond but not quite far enough for me to reach it. I did get a replacement for it. I have my number on it so I hope someone will call me with some good news. If not, such is life in disc golf.

Well, after yesterday's round, I got out again today, this time with my son and brother-in-law. Took two strokes off my game but had to take +2 OB/Penalty for getting my discs in the water. Some days are just that way. Anyway, as one of the last rounds of the year I was pretty stoked and did get some interesting video of my throw. Not sure that I am super stoked but I felt good about the throw, maybe not the complete form. I will be posting soon.

Absolutely beautiful weather. Stuffed my bag full of stuff that I normally don't throw. Got 2 birdies that I've never gotten before. Also took a 9 on a relatively easy par 4, thanks to a pair of OB drives.

Also had someone throw into me for the first time. Group of 5 lets me play through. I throw a pretty bad tee shot, then almost dunk my upshot. I've got about a 15 foot comebacker. As I'm in my putting stroke, I see a yellow blur flying towards me. Disc lands about 25 feet short of me as my putt goes in. Back up at the next hole. I ask the guy if he is going to throw into me again. He said that he knew that he wouldn't hit me because the pin is 318, I was past the hole, and he only throws 315.

Absolutely beautiful weather. Stuffed my bag full of stuff that I normally don't throw. Got 2 birdies that I've never gotten before. Also took a 9 on a relatively easy par 4, thanks to a pair of OB drives.

Also had someone throw into me for the first time. Group of 5 lets me play through. I throw a pretty bad tee shot, then almost dunk my upshot. I've got about a 15 foot comebacker. As I'm in my putting stroke, I see a yellow blur flying towards me. Disc lands about 25 feet short of me as my putt goes in. Back up at the next hole. I ask the guy if he is going to throw into me again. He said that he knew that he wouldn't hit me because the pin is 318, I was past the hole, and he only throws 315.

I always wait to throw, no matter how short my typical throw is. I have learned to not trust my distance until the disc leaves my hand. I have had some super short throws and then there are those "record breaking" throws that stun the hell out of me. I will have to say that his attitude is a bit scary and also one found on many courses.

Congrats on the awesome round though. Question for you, where the birdies gotten with your "irregular" disc that you threw in the bag. And a Double OB? Discs you don't frequently throw or just bad putts and lies?

Asking for a friend, mind you!

Congrats on the awesome round though. Question for you, where the birdies gotten with your "irregular" disc that you threw in the bag. And a Double OB? Discs you don't frequently throw or just bad putts and lies?

Asking for a friend, mind you!

I used 2 of my favorite discs for each birdie, but not the usual disc/shot for the hole.

First birdie: I usually try force over my favorite Roc just a bit and then have it fade into the side of the hill near the basket. Today, I threw a Sol straight up the gut and parked the hole.

Second birdie: I usually throw the aforementioned Sol straight up the gut and today I threw the aforementioned Roc on hyzer thru a different gap. I got a good skip that left me about 20 feet short of the basket. I may throw a fairway next time. It is only about a 230 foot hole, but a faster disc will be easier to skip up to the pin.

OB: Trouble left and short. I threw my favorite distance driver and I tried to muscle it a bit because I wanted to turn it some to be safe. And I ended up early releasing and throwing it into the ground OB. Then I re-teed with a disc I don't bag and threw an okay shot, but ended up about 2 feet short of in bounds. If I'd aimed more right, I would have been okay.
So I was teeing 5 and didn't have a distance driver and ended up out of position. Threw a disc I don't normally throw from a spot where I normally don't throw and left myself with a tough up and down and missed. I'm confident that I'll take a 4 next time I play that hole.

Finally completed the Ace 'course' by hitting a hole 10 for the first time (Winton Woods, only 165'): I now have thrown an ace for each numbered hole (1-18, at least) ...somewhere. Nerdy, but a fun little trivia milestone. :)

jealous!!! my last four aces were all on #9's at four different courses.......

You smile when you aren't playing well?

That's just weird.

Yep, I have all the fun. I'm 62, with a bad back....I took up the sport when I was 59. I'm out walking, meeting people, staying active....I'm not a 'couch potato'. So, yes, I'm having fun just being out and playing. Now, when I play well.....my smile is HUGE!

Not a great scoring day. Plenty of wind and a new to me course at Alexander Park in Lawrenceville. But scrambling was generally on point and I'm digging the MVP Deflector as a sort of longer Zone: it's exceptionally well behaved on forehand approach.

Found a good putting stroke for 6 or 7 holes in the middle of the round as well: I don't practice it consistently, but I do have stronger results when I can engage a weight shift off the back foot. It really seems to level out the vertical and keep the momentum focused in a positive way.

The park itself is pretty spacious and felt remarkably calm/quiet for the amount of activity that was evident all around. Will definitely be back sometime soon.

Two entries in a row! Played Wills Park in Alpharetta even today at lunch. Really good round for me highlighted by a birdie on 14. I have no idea what you're supposed to do off the tee but did manage to find a mail slot through the wall of trees. Out of position left and pulled off how much finer shot than I have any right to expect on a high panning forehand with my Sarah Hokom Crave. Based and blushing pleased. Moments like that put a nice shine on the grind.

Shot a -4 and -3 at two different courses that I play regularly.The best part was getting to play with a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in almost two years. He was in town for Christmas holidays and we got a couple rounds in. I played well and he still beat me in both. Really great day!

Shot rather erratically for stretches but enjoyed meeting Jgilletted4 and getting a second tour of Alexander Park in Lawrenceville. Cold and windy, but lovely winter sun for what that's worth.

Holy cow! I nailed it today on one of my favorite courses. I threw a couple of discs that my son gave me for Christmas. I have been working on my form and apparently all I needed to do was get out and throw on a course that I know pretty well. ON a back-to-back 20 pin round ( the course is a 10 pin park course) I shot a +7 which is a record for me considering that the last time I played I shot a +10 on a single 10 pin round. I am super stoked on how I played. The funny thing is,while playing one of the pins htat has been a nemesis of mine, I had my brother-in-law shoot of video of what I was pretty sure was going to be a "Whack-F*ck" pin, I actually cleared all the trees and birdied the hole.

I am so stoked to continue playing and can't wait to see what 2022 has in store for me!

Finally had my back to a point where I could actually throw today rather than lob a paradox... nothing spectacular 3 near misses but played 3 discs against each other.. Glow envy, uplink and big z comet. Very good close round, the Envy won by being able to putt....

Damn it was good to get 9 in before dark :D I gained (back) 100' in a week!

Happy to enjoy a 'warm weather' (45 degrees) personal best 59 at Osage Grove today. Noted in the course condition updates that when we have winter tourneys in the freezing rain, folks need to spread out and not tromp all together until every track is a mud pit. Or we need to just let the course have some time off for good behavior!