• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today? Part II

First tournament. Forty holes. Very sore. Did OK. Gave away strokes on easy putts and OB. I can see a path.

Got 5th in a tournament this weekend and averaged over my rating. Pretty good first round, pedestrian round 2. Need to work on getting my fitness back to pre injury levels now that I can throw most shots with minimal discomfort.

One of those weird days on the green. Drillin' them from distance, and just a bit off in close. Just a focus issue somewhere in there.

Played a local random draw. Your usual $10 all-in (CTPs+Ace) thing. Still no forehand, but really not a huge problem playing the layout we had - I play short tees at Ottawa Park pretty regularly on lunch. So even though there are 4 holes where I really wish I had my FH - overall I can get by throughout the course backhand even though some others are a little more forehand friendly.

If I could have made every 18-22 foot putt we would have shot a -18 on the 19 hole layout. We missed 3 of them. Very simple ones. Just gacked. Very disappointed with one in particular because I've been working hard to find the Buzzz off the tee for it (340' with a gradual uphill slope) and actually hit it about perfect, just turned a bit much because it was a little low, getting to 5' deep and 20' right of the pin..... and just puked on it.

Bright side - throughout the round the long putting was on. I actually hit more C2 putts than I missed C1. I was very happy with one in particular - hit a 50' putt on hole 14 which is a very difficult line for the righty backhand but a pretty easy line for the righty forehand. Luckily my partner got us onto the green. So picking that up felt great.

Longest putt left the best feeling because it was the last hole - a super duper simple 255' slight fading righty hyzer. I geeked myself up to make an ace run and wizzed it into a tree up the fairway. Partner (a lefty) got it out there but his righty backhand is still super super raw (he's trying to be a RHBH-LHBH player), leaving us 70' short and I put that square on the low heart of the chains to close out.

Had a lot of fun, hopefully helped out the partner a little bit. Best kind of dubs round too - with a couple of holes to go he let slip that he "hadn't cashed in a long time." Love getting a new player who doesn't cash a ton a W - that probably leaves me with the best feeling I can have coming out of leagues. Like big ace pots and such are a louder feeling emotionally, but getting a new player a W is a better feeling.

I found out my good buddy/doubles parter is moving to Nashville and played like ****.

For the first time this year played long to long about 9800 feet Waller Mill Park Williamsburg, Va. A heavily wooded ravine course, several holes wrapped around a lake. Birdie a few of the par fives but more bogeys and took a double bogey home today. Waller Mill is my favorite from Virginia Beach to Richmond.

One of the Par 5's that's elevated above two gullies, but the rest of the way is straight up hill, and then a drop to the basket that can be a death approach/putt into the lake, and I've lost one putter a few years ago. For the first time I was close enough to jump putt for eagle but came about 10 feet short. I think I'll remember playing the hole for quite some time.

Played in a C-tier on Sunday, and the 2nd round was my best sanctioned round since 2005! Didn't miss a C1 putt all day and got me a 949 rated round, a 48 from the shorts at Oshtemo here in town. The first round was terrible, but I already forgot about it! This 949 will replace an 866 on the Old Farts World Ranking Thingie and I ought to shoot up in the standings...

Last edited:
Hosted my first PDGA sanctioned tournament on Sunday, a 1 day, 2 round C-tier. Went great and I even played myself onto lead card in MPO r2 with my best ever tournament performance on my home course. Really didn't do anything special, just played my game. Fell apart on r2b9 because the rain finally got to me and I couldn't grip anything.

Great experience overall, wish we'd had better weather, but we had good attendance and people seemed to really enjoy themselves.

Played…fine? I shot under par on a decent course blind while fighting nausea brought on my poor choices.

And -17 on a little putter course. Salty my Stego spit out on a 200ft should have been ace.

1st round in 6 weeks, played pretty well overall. Tied my best score ever of 71 (+17). Could've been better but 2 DB's kept me from breaking 70 for the first time. On the good side I parred a hole that I had previously never made par on & I made a 25 foot putt on 18 to save par (& tie my best score). Finished the round with 3 pars, 13 bogeys, 2 doubles. Onward & upward.

Two rounds at 50 acre using my left side today. And first round after breaking a collar bone, so I can't throw or putt really at all with my right. I took one putt right-handed, so I got two pars. And that's about all I was hoping for in having to really re-learn everything. Learn distance, and realize I have no idea how to x-step left handed. It's really weird.

I played 18 and felt pretty meh. But I parked the last hole and ended with a birdie. Ended up doing the 8 loop after and got +1 with a nice birdie and felt better over all.

pretty solid. threw 8 under at winget with just reactors and proxies, plus a soft electron ion for putts. 10 birdies and sadly two bogies. can usually avoid bogies at this course.

tee shots were hit and miss. seemed I either shanked my drive or parked it. thankfully putting was on point today. sank a 90' putt on 2 and drilled a few 40-60' putts too.

Parked #14's original pin location with a reactor anny backhand. makes me feel dumb, I usually use a lot more effort flicking a driver or backhand rolling a crave. definitely going with the slight anhyzer backhand on that hole from now on.

Shot -8 at Deerfield, but my knee is toast. I think it's time to admit my acl may be torn.

Ruff in the rough.. played some 3 disc, lost my driver in the pond, neutron envy wasn't working, bad bounces... bad score... bad ctp playoff for 4th (no $)... got skunked.

Realized I just may be able to do a tremendous upshot with the glitch after being forced to throw it because i was driverless. Feeling good about that.

Latest posts