• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm posting this everywhere I can to purge:

Had a personal record for higherst score on a hole on Saturday...13 (par 3). Put 5 in a row into the water on 9 @ The Scrapyard in CLT. Was able to recover 3 of the 5, and one of the 2 I didn't is a "good riddance" sort of thing.

The score card app I use only allows single digit scores per hole, so I had to add 4 throws to my score on 8 to compensate, LOL.

It was a solo casual round, so no reason to keep throwing, but I just couldn't stop. It's like I was hovering in the air over myself trying to shout "don't do it, don't throw another one" but no sound was coming out.

(Then Sunday I had my like 5th ever under par round. Consistency, baby!)

Played the Indiana Fall Series at Honey Bear Hollow sunday. Honey bear was the first course in Indiana and was designed by "Steady" Ed.( heard it was the 3rd in the nation but not for sure about that.
Anyway played well but had a lot of bad tree kicks both rounds. shot +7 for the day but won the REc overall for the series.
Also won a basket in the drawing for all those who played all 8 events in the series. Good day for me!

I suppose i'm gonna move up now to Advanced Masters for 2014.

I'm posting this everywhere I can to purge:

Had a personal record for higherst score on a hole on Saturday...13 (par 3). Put 5 in a row into the water on 9 @ The Scrapyard in CLT. Was able to recover 3 of the 5, and one of the 2 I didn't is a "good riddance" sort of thing.

The score card app I use only allows single digit scores per hole, so I had to add 4 throws to my score on 8 to compensate, LOL.

It was a solo casual round, so no reason to keep throwing, but I just couldn't stop. It's like I was hovering in the air over myself trying to shout "don't do it, don't throw another one" but no sound was coming out.

I've never thrown the Scrapyard, but I often feel this way during casual rounds, although not often if the throw involves a water shot. Any time I don't execute a shot the way I think I can, I almost always throw more. Sorry you had to put 5 in the water; ouch!

Went straight from an eye doctor appointment to head to Fort Yargo to take advantage of the bright sunshine and strong wind. It took a little while to get acclimated to playing with those goofy sunglasses they give you, but I ended up shooting a 56 with back to back park jobs on 8 & 9 and my best drive ever on 11. Missed the putt for the two, though. :wall:

copped a 125' ace on a pure line with my 166g tensor today. i've birdied the hole a thousand times, chained out on 2 foot tap ins a hundred times (**** DGA MACH 2's), and even been stung by bees that live in the basket pole, so i was happy to stick it. aces are so fun.

I've never thrown the Scrapyard, but I often feel this way during casual rounds, although not often if the throw involves a water shot. Any time I don't execute a shot the way I think I can, I almost always throw more. Sorry you had to put 5 in the water; ouch!

Same here. I rarely play a full round on my own because I end up sitting at a hole rethrowing shots or looping a few that I want to rerun through. I think it's good for my game; I just need to get used to playing a full 18 holes!

I played pretty well today, except I putted like crap. Crap. I've been experimenting with high speed drivers for the first time ever, and I've been amazed to see how much extra distance I can get. Put myself in position to birdie two holes I've never birdied before (missed both putts, of course). Such is life.

Either way, it felt good to spend the whole afternoon out on the course.

Started my round out terrible. I shot a 33 where as last week I shot a 27 on the front 9. Still finished with the same score as last week though with a 68 at Angry Apple DGC from the blue tees. Not too bad considering I took a 7 on a par 4 on the back nine.

Rough. Lots of bogeys... haven't had a good round for a solid month or so. Hopefully can get out of the slump soon :/

awful, drives weren't bad but missed about 7 putts that should have been pretty easy. All of them hit dead centre but middle of the cage. Can't blame all the low putts on a tailwind.

Visiting Portland Maine and had time to play Pleasant Hill course on an abandoned 9 hole ball golf course. Pretty open. Scorecard par says 70 and I shot 53. 17 under par!!!

Shot a 48 on the falcon and 51 on eagle (doubles) at Sabattus in the Maine Winter Team Challenge to take the second best individual total of the day out of 44 people beat by two strokes only by "mr 15th at the Vibram Open," Tyler Grady

We had our club's weekly sunday doubles. Once again I ended up with the comedian who is usually way hungover or still drunk from the night before. Today he was still drunk and downed about 8 beers in the first eight holes. He was no help at all but I run these doubles for the fun and experience. We still didn't come in last. I carried us on a super windy day at Peter Pan. Good times and we even got a new female member who had a blast. She's coming next week and I gave her a DX Eagle, DX Cheetah, and Soft Magnet when we got back to the parking lot so she'll have some good beginner discs to throw next week. They had given her a Z Surge and she was trying to drive with that. She was so happy to get those discs and we're up to three females in the group now. We've been lucky so far with a very mild winter but I think the cold is going to move in soon.

Played pretty decent in the wet. Really liking my new Fury discs. Getting them down. Birdied three holes I've never done at Mesker so I know it's really helping. Just clicked with it.

Just putting practice today. I've added mumbling "forward" to myself to remind myself to keep everything moving forward in a straight line. Funny thing, it's working...canned about 23 of 25 inside of 25'. Good stuff.

Vacation tomorrow, and throwing from about 9am until dark. Good times!

Our fall traveling league drove up to Columbus to play Simsbury today, and I continue to be very lucky there. We played long tees (to the short basket positions) in the wind and the rain this morning, but after managing one of those beautiful drives that keep you coming back (on hole 4), I played mostly error free to lead our small (handicap) group scratch. It won't always be this way, but my last three visits to this course made me move it onto my 'favorites' list! :thmbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.