• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So, how did you play today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shot 9 down after not playing for about 2 weeks. I was playing the shorts at Catawba Meadows. It was nice just to finally get out for a change.

Played in the pro division for the first time today. Was going in thinking I'd get my ass kicked but was pleasantly surprised I finished in 3rd, only 2 strokes off the leader. Made a bunch of putts in the wind and mostly stayed out of trouble. Happy to finally see some hard work and practice paying off.

I played three rounds at two courses. My friend got an ace which was cool but I still beat him. I wish it wasn't so muddy at every course around where I live :thmbdown:. I played decent but would of done a lot better if I didn't miss some easy putts. I need to concentrate on my putts more. I seem to putt without much thought during casual rounds. In tourneys I actually putt better because I take a second to think about my putts. Before playing any rounds I tested out a Star Tern for the first time & I don't like it. To flippy for my taste. I will be sticking with a beat up Star Destroyer for my under stable distance driver duties.

Played 2 rounds at River City Nature Park in Debary from the shorts. First round came out to +3, not terrible but I stunk it up on 7 with a lousy upshot. Second time through scored a +1, tied for my best ever. Had 4 birdies, but the real story was the FIVE missed birdie attempts, most from 20-30 feet :/
I need to work on my putting.

-1 at my KMDGC, which isn't really good for me. But my Daughter played the the entire round with me from where my tee shots landed. I threw a 26 for 9 holes and she threw a 23... so she beat me. :p It was her handicap method.

I was playing with my actual putter, one of my approach putters, and a midrange that I had never thrown before. So all in all, it was a good round... Especially the company!

Was pleased with my round today. Played 18 at a course I've not played before, Crane Hill in Wilbraham, MA. A few shots dropped due to not knowing the course but overall was throwing really well.

played austin mn courses a few days ago. some cool holes, some bland ones. had to stop into albert lea as well. love the courses in albert lea. so much better. also played one in owatonna. returned a disc i found in the river.

lost my disc yesterday on a grip lock. first wasp i lost of this year. last year i think i ended up with 4 lost wasps. so far im right on pace for breaking that record. i fished out that same wasp i just lost in albert lea when i threw it into the lake the other day.

needless to say yesterday i played horrible yesterday after i lost my disc

oh yeah and two days ago i shot even at my local 18. then drove 10 miles away to play another one that is heavily wooded such as you mess up your tight fairway drive and your throwing a thumber for sure. i shot +7 with no birdies. it was my first time playing there this year and i got tore apart

Played the shorts and mediums at Rollin Ridge today. Shorts were pretty good. First time on the mediums and they handed me my a$$.

Great, sunny, warm day for disc, though! :thmbup:

No play for me today. Started raning this morning about 1:30...hasn't stopped since. Foretasted rainfall for today was 2" to 5".

Planned to watch Nascar while we did some chores in the house...rain out there too!

Had to go with the fall back...at least ball golf will play in the rain, now watching the Shell Open on NBC.

Played club doubles and me and my partner shot a 51 (-4) at Peter Pan and took top score. We left a few strokes out there but both played pretty good. His drives were on and I made some nice upshots and hit three big birdie putts. I grip locked too many drives and hole 10 we both went OB and took our only bogey of the round. I should have played it smart and threw a truth down the middle for an easy three once he put his tee shot OB. Instead I got fancy with the witness and got a bad kick and ended up in the water too. Lesson learned.

Bagged a course at 7am, then 2 rounds with HC at Rollin' Ridge. Threw alright from the shorts, not terrible (outside a couple blow up holes) from the mids...and found my long turnover disc. The Icon Bandit is a reallllly nice disc. I think the Tern might be going away for good.

Played club doubles and me and my partner shot a 51 (-4) at Peter Pan and took top score. We left a few strokes out there but both played pretty good. His drives were on and I made some nice upshots and hit three big birdie putts. I grip locked too many drives and hole 10 we both went OB and took our only bogey of the round. I should have played it smart and threw a truth down the middle for an easy three once he put his tee shot OB. Instead I got fancy with the witness and got a bad kick and ended up in the water too. Lesson learned.

This is why I like playing doubles... hopefully your strengths make up for your partner's weaknesses and vice-versa and you have a better shot at finishing well. If done right it can take some of the pressure off since your team has another opportunity to play it smart/safe on the next throw.

I'm curious, do you and your partner agree to a strategy such as the first one of you to throw will play a "safe" shot and the second will rip it and go for it? My boss and I will do this if we team up against other players. The first thrower will just attempt to get a good lie anywhere in the fairway and the second thrower will try to rip it for distance or to attempt to hit a riskier slot. I am usually the better putter so if the putt is long or obstructed he will lay up as close as he can to the basket and I will go for it. If my putt misses and goes long or takes a bad roll we have his waiting for an easy finish.

i did poorly, but i actually played well for playing poorly.

shot a 64, a 65 and a 62 at the valley. had at LEAST one blowup hole each round and my putting was atrocious...again.

moments of the day included parking hole 5 with my dx teebird, playing "the MN majestic" tee position on hole 7, and clearing the water hazard on 11 all three times with my other dx teebird. :) my putting was terrible but i still had some great moments. what a great day with great weather.

Gah - 2nd time on the course and 2 strokes worse than last time. :(

The negatives:
- OB on hole 1
- one wild leopard shot into the woods
- 1 ping pong on a short wooded hole where I got a little brave trying to hit a window instead of taking the safe route.
- only made 1 putt from 20+

The positives:
- generally driving much better and longer
- much closer on approach shots and getting in range for a (should have been) makeable putt
- better choices in shots and lines taken, even if it didn't necessarily work out

Afterwards I came home and practiced a bit more in my yard. I have 2 practice baskets at opposite ends (~230 apart but more room to work with) and played safari with my son back and forth throwing 3 mids 2 fairways at each (but needing to call the one that counted prior to throwing). I don't know where it came from - but I was just ON. The highlight was one where I needed to hit a Mando 190' out then a 90* right turn and 180' with the basket only 5 feet past OB (its spring - the huge puddle in my yard). My leopard shot was what I called to count, and it was perfect. I threw the first with a touch of anny and it just cleared the mando and cut into the distance on the 2nd shot. Putter layup from there (150 ish) was touching the base of my basket. My Teebird shot wasn't as good off the tee and cleared the mando but faded too much and left me ~185 from the hole. I decided to give it a run anyways and watch my Teebird slam chains and stick. Unfortunately it wasn't the shot that counted for that hole but it was by far the longest shot I've nailed and it felt oh so good.

Played a 4 way league round today and took first. Had more good shots than I usually have in a round an parked a par 4. Best I've played in a while!

Meh. Played a course I'm not particularly fond of and felt like I was in a funk for the whole round. Oh well, at least I played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts