• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

solo round scores?

Always keep score. How else will you know if you're improving or not?

always keep score! always play par 3s even if i shot an 8 on the last 200 ft hole. and i dont tell buddys my scores unless their awful! they dont believe the good ones

I always keep score when solo. I compete with myself against scores in previous rounds.

I always keep score solo or playing in a group. It helps me to see my improvement on some select courses that I play often.

I score every round I play, solo or not.

Solo, I play par 3, play it where it lays (no 2-meter rule or drop zone), penalties for going OB or missing mandos, no mulligans.

Why would you keep score if you were playing cali? Isn't at least part of the point of keeping score to guage performance? And if you are taking extra throws on every hole how can you accurately guage how well you did?

I keep and record most scores solo or not. I frequently take 2nd shots when I have the course pretty much to myself. As long as I'm not holding anyone up I throw a different disc, use a different line, different type of shot. But I ALWAYS play and score that first shot.

I keep track, that is why I have all the cool statistics...I like numbers and stuff so I definitely keep score every time.

I keep track of every round I play, on a sticky-note pad. Write down birds and bogeys on what hole, and if I know DGCR doesn't have distances listed, write those too.
I might have to set up another account for myself, as I might start playing lefty rounds and want to have meaningful data. It doesn't do me any good to see that I am now shooting 10 over on average becasue I'm playing lefty.

I've been using this site's scorebook fairly religiously for the last 4 months or so, and I think it's helped my game a bit. I can see where I'm losing strokes, and which holes are really killing me.

I keep up with all my rounds and use the scorebook here. I will occasionally throw an extra shot but count my original one.

yes, I keep score when I play solo. I have kept score when I played cali by myself, but that was so I could get a good idea of my score if I was cali at a weekly dubs event and to work on cali strategy.

I play a lot of solo rounds and always keep score on my iphone app. I've played rounds with some par player that keep track of their +/- in their head. I tend to run out of fingers pretty quick that way. I am trying to actually see improvement in my play and can see history at each course I play. Being competitive with myself helps me stay focused.

I keep my score and put it on a spreadsheet when I get home. No Cali.