• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sooo... Who escaped for a turkey shoot?

Playing tomorrow morning. It will be cold. Cant wait. Cant thing of a better thing to do on a day off. It beats waiting in front of stores in the cold.

You gonna play west lake, camden 2, or are you going to hit up iron lion buy some discs and go to prospect?

Lol!!

This just in:

It's officially raining and cold across the entire country.

Except Pennsylvania.

Where it's snowing.

Being new to the sport, I'm looking forward to learning to play in our ****ty conditions here, so that on a nice summer day...

Give it up for winter leagues!

Yep.
Got in a quick nine at a course where I know I wont loose a disc, even pushing the envelope by throwing a white Wraith. :D

Weather has been brutal here for a few days, bitter cold and snow, today it warmed up to just above freezing, so the ground was a melty gloppy mess.

The sticky slurpee snow stuck to all my discs and was impossible to wipe off with a towel, so I just threw a dif. driver on each tee, like one shot and your out.

The Ridge I just banged on the basket to knock the snow off, then it was good to go.

First time I've played with thin "Mechanic" style glove on my throwing hand. It didnt suck too bad, I was able to throw both FH and BH reasonably well, although not nearly as good as gloveless, but the gloppy snow made going hand commando a non option.

Tees were slippery so run ups were out, it was ready steady shoot ! kinda golf.

Still good to get out on T day.
1.gif

Gobble

You gonna play west lake, camden 2, or are you going to hit up iron lion buy some discs and go to prospect?

I think we are leaning on Camden I. It rained quite a bit and we think Camden 2 will be too slippery going up and down the hills. We all would rather play 2 but we will see how wet when we get there.

Had work all day, didn't step foot outside until after sunset, with the intention of getting out for some solo night golf, only to discover it's like 20 and windy...I CAN golf in that weather, but I need to get used to the cold first!

Whaaaa??........ A Wisconsinite?!?:\

I got in a round this morning before the "real fun" began. Sunny and in the 50's this morning in east TN. Had a good time showing a visitor around my old home course. :)

I was nowhere near a course today, but I did take my discs to my family's house. It was storming for a while, but once the thunder stopped, I was throwing discs on their land. It was in the 40's with 25+ mph wind and raining, but I did throw for about an hour.

Fortunately, my grand parents house is literally right next door to a course :D And all my cousins play!

Sure, I played a couple of rounds today. Played solo, but it was great weather for disc in eastern NC. Overcast skies with temps close to 60. Grabbed an Aviar, a Roc, and a Sidewinder and walked a couple blocks to the park and had the course to myself. The first round was so much fun I played another. Some new (to me) North Mississippi Allstars was a nice addition on the IPod. And only missed maybe 10-15 minutes of the Pats game. Too much food after. Good times!

Whaaaa??........ A Wisconsinite?!?:\

I know, right?! :p

But yeah, I don't like drastic weather changes, never have. I need gradual change...

And for all you Southerners, anything above 45 is t-shirt golfing weather for me!

I don't like the feeling of blood leaving my extremities to protect those important organs in my abdominothoracic area...I wish my body knew that when it comes to DG, I need my hands more than my organs.

O yeah I got out there today and made up for my terrible play over the past 2 days. La Raza in San Jose is such a great challenge and really made my day, well enough to deal with the in-laws.

Every disc golfer should get out there and chuck some plastic on every Thanksgiving

my brother, myself, and a good friend of ours went out to Bicentenial in Crowley, TX at around 5:00. out of 21 holes....we had to quit on hole 13, but none-the-less, we got our turkey day round in.

I went and played before I went for Thanksgiving diner, hit an ace too. Then I went to an old ex's place for diner and got to watch her new boyfriend give me the death stares all night. It's fun to have haters...

i went with my sister to her in-laws' family's place. they have 5 baskets on their property and we played safari for awhile.

best thanksgiving ever