• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sooo... Who escaped for a turkey shoot?

I was able to sneak out early in the morning with a buddy of mine. We were the first car in the lot, and leaving we counted 17 cars.

Angie and I played in the 6th anuual Turkey Bowl at Joseph Davis. I was horrible. But we both had a great time. Put the bird in the oven at 7:30, at the course by 8:30. Home before noon. Cold, windy and rain/snow mix. Beautiful.

Just had to get out yesterday and test the Fade back strap's rain fly. Turkey day was 65 deg and rainy all day in KY. 27 deg and snow on the ground this morning!!

Got out to Central Park at 930am.
Played a 4way tag round.
Successfully defended the #3 tag with a 57(par).

Going back out there today to lay out OB line for Saturdays tournament.

Its been raining and freezing cold in west MI. Im waiting for the rain and drizzle to stop and Im going discing, I have a few new discs Im itching to throw.

I spent most of the day Thursday working on a layout of the Fly-18 Disc Golf course in Union, SC. The course's grand opening is set for this Sunday. It's going to be a monster from the long tees at 12,900'.

Played 27 holes at Huntington Beach yesterday morning, introduced a new addict to the game (B's Cousin), left him with 4 discs, I'll be betting he will find himself on the course in the near future. We had a great round, I was throwing real well after slaughtering the Tourney last weekend.

I built a homemade basket the day before, and had a little fun with my cousins and brothers in the back yard with my 125 ft new hole. No aces, but a few off the chains! Then the turkey and rain set in.

I got two rounds in yesterday morning first thing. Hit up Shady Oaks at sunrise, teed off at about 28 degrees:|. When we finished our first round the lot was pert near full and groups were large, so we went to another course that was sure to be less crowded. "Little Africa"didn't disappoint, so I was able to play 36 holes for Thanksgiving:hfive:

This was the first time in 4 years I didn't get out on Thanksgiving. My bro-in-law and I usually meet up either at his parents place in DE or down here in VA, but he had to work this year. I'm going up there for Christmas though, maybe we can get in a round then.

I got in a round with snappyfingers at Sylmar on Thanksgiving morning.
We were able to get some special gifts for our Secret Santa's from the pro-shop.
DSCJNKY

I just had enought time after work, night shift, at 730 am to hit the field for a bit. Nice to let get out there are rip a few. It was a little chilly, 10 degrees, but a good time anyways. Had a few pretty long drives.

Played this morning as a reward for having my first black friday off in seven years. Probably the windiest round I ever played. Not even my wasp and teerex had a chance.

Played this morning as a reward for having my first black friday off in seven years. Probably the windiest round I ever played. Not even my wasp and teerex had a chance.

I also enjoyed my first black friday off in longer than I can remember. Surprisingly, the wind wasn't bad here today but it never got much over 40 degrees and had just rained all night. My hands were cold and it certainly wasn't my best score. I finished the day off with an excellent round of putting practice though which seemed to be a good consolation.

Played this morning with my brother, brother in laws and dad. 15 degrees when we teed off. Couldn't feel my fingers for a while. Pretty windy that messed with all the discs. One the worst scores I have had in a long time. It was so much fun. I had the best Black Friday deal today spending time on the disc golf course.

I got out on Friday morning to my local park just to practice a little driving. Then I got to play my first Doubles Tourney on 11/27 at La Mirada. That was a pretty cool experience. La Mirada is so hilly, its always a great work out too. I was sore on Sunday.