• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] Squall squall

I might have to try one, im using more and more 150 class as these shoulders get older

Last edited:
I received in the Flex Line Squall (169) and had a chance to field test it today.

It flies very similar to the Proline I already bag.

Straight to a slight HSS turn, easy to turn over into a long anhyser flight.

Felt good in the hand.

My only complaints were, it was a bit slicker than I had hoped, I will scrub it tonight and the flashing was not very clean, but again easily fixed.

Overall nice disc

I definitely like the Prolines best. I don't see any reason to go to SP; Prolines beat in a little more slowly than I'd like, really. D-Lines definitely have their place, though.

I've had a further chance to use the Flex line Squall on the course.

I have a 169 flex line and a 173 proline

The flex line has MUCH more HS turn than the proline.

After just a few throws it seems to have settled it.

Thrown straight and flat it has substantial HS turn very much like what is reflected on the Marshall Street chart.

I've had a further chance to use the Flex line Squall on the course.

I have a 169 flex line and a 173 proline

The flex line has MUCH more HS turn than the proline.

After just a few throws it seems to have settled it.

Thrown straight and flat it has substantial HS turn very much like what is reflected on the Marshall Street chart.

Ick. I'll stick with the puddle top prolines!

I like the prolines, but I have to say I am not nearly as excited about the flexline.

It is ok, and I will likely bag it until I lose it, but I don't think I will buy another flexline.

I wish there was more chatter on the Squall, it is such an amazing disc.

I have been discing down over the last couple of years.

I'm at the place now where mids and putters are 90% of my throws. I do still have a couple of faster discs (teebirds mainly).

But on the understable to stable range, my Proline Squall flies just as far or farther than any beat Teebird, TL, JLS, River, Polaris, XS or XL that I put up against it, with MORE accuracy.

Besides putting putters, it is THE most thrown disc in the bag.

I wish there was more chatter on the Squall, it is such an amazing disc.

Squall chatter makes up the majority of my forum posts. I share your Squall love, but not your Flex line experience. The 3 Flex Squalls I've thrown (1 green, 2 light blue) fly like seasoned Prolines with a bit more grip and glide. They also power down better for me.

I've bagged as many as 5 Squalls at once; a new and super seasoned Proline, and 3 SPs in various stages of wear. I've now got it backed down to a lightly seasoned new run SP and a Flex line for my full bag, and I'm just bagging a Flex Squall in my minimalist bag.

It's too bad you haven't meshed with the Flex Squall. I loved it from the first throw, but truth be told, I didn't bag it long before going back to my trusty SPs. It wasn't until I found a cheap backup that it went back in the bag.

I consider the Squall mold DGA's best, and I'm convinced if Innova put out a Squall clone, it would get substantially MUCH more love.

It's interesting you say that about the Flex line Squall. I am still working to mesh with it. I want to like it but am struggling just a bit with consistency. It is undoubtedly the archer not the arrow. I love the feel of it, but I'm starting to think I'm not getting a clean release at times.

I want to try a SP line and a light 150 d-line just to see what they have to offer.

I for sure agree with you on this should be more popular. If this was an Innova mold there would hundreds of pages of chatter.

The more I use it, the more I realize it's potential.

Colored sparkles! Haven't found these for sale. I'm "patiently" waiting....

Anyone seen them online yet?

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 168
The Squall is one of those discs that can be easily overlooked because it does so many things well. I've been toying around recently with. Kastaplast Kaxe Z and it is very similar to a Squall but a tick more HSS.

I've got a Proline Squall with a slight puddle top that is beautifully straight with a dependable but mild fade. It's been on the bench for a while but I may have to revisit this mold to compliment the Kaxe Z with its line shaping ability.

This tweener speed 6 is an interesting way to look at a bag. With longer putters like Harp, Envy and Reko, you can do away with traditional mids like Rocs, Buzzz and go with a speed 3/4, 6, 9/10/11 setup and be all set. It's certainly a different way to look at a bag and cover all your shots. I'm experimenting with this idea and the Squall fits right in.

Like you, I love 6 speed discs. Zombee, Relay, Crave, Servo, Signal/Archer.

I think I could get by with a single 5 speed, probably an EMAC Truth.

Like you, I love 6 speed discs. Zombee, Relay, Crave, Servo, Signal/Archer.

I think I could get by with a single 5 speed, probably an EMAC Truth.

Flippier than a Buzzz, slower than a Squall, and a beaded disc you likely throw in lucid?

Bump....

Picked up a d-line Squall yesterday and tried it out today - perhaps the glidiest mid not named Warship I've ever thrown. Look forward to trying a 1 disc round with this once more of the snow melts around here.

I'm way good with my Flex Squalls, but I've been tempted on a few of those D-lines. Otbdiscs.com had a starburst swirl Squall that was like 114 grams I think. Def woulda grabbed that just because

Considering checking out the squall recently. Looking for something flatter than a comet that is kind of similar but a tick faster, mainly used for more controlled shots in the woods where I wouldn't want to step up to a driver but need more finesse than a Wasp. Being able to get D line is also a plus. (for reference, throwing Wasps accurately out to about 315')

Considering checking out the squall recently. Looking for something flatter than a comet that is kind of similar but a tick faster, mainly used for more controlled shots in the woods where I wouldn't want to step up to a driver but need more finesse than a Wasp. Being able to get D line is also a plus. (for reference, throwing Wasps accurately out to about 315')

I have used the Squall for this slot; it works pretty well. The glide on it is pretty amazing, but more fade than a Comet in premium plastic. I have not tried it in D.

Latest posts