• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Eagle L

myroomisajunkyard

Bogey Member
I've been reading and noticed almost every post regarding eagles and how they are only made in X mold with star materials.
However I do have a star eagle in L mold so I think it's possible some of them did come in star?

There was an extremely small amount of Star Eagle L's ever made like around 20 or so.

I have one, juts got it, it is actually more overstable than its Champion counterparts. I am liking it so far though.

Ho positive are you guys that they are star and not just the super opaque champion, and what stamps do they have

I know mine is Star plastic. It has the 2 colored Star stamp, where the "Star Eagle" is in one color and the "Innova" is in another color. I belive it is penned on the back as *E, I can double check when I get home today.

Further more, my favorite type of Eagle-L's are opaque 12x Champion ones. I can assure you the plastic is different and the one in question is Star Plastic.

I didn't believe they existed either until my buddy picked this one up for me.

I know mine is Star plastic. It has the 2 colored Star stamp, where the "Star Eagle" is in one color and the "Innova" is in another color. I belive it is penned on the back as *E, I can double check when I get home today.

Further more, my favorite type of Eagle-L's are opaque 12x Champion ones. I can assure you the plastic is different and the one in question is Star Plastic.

I didn't believe they existed either until my buddy picked this one up for me.

Interesting, that would be from the newest stuff put out by innova then. Maybe they are secretly making these now and just labeling them the same as X's like they have been doing for years in champ.

Interesting, that would be from the newest stuff put out by innova then. Maybe they are secretly making these now and just labeling them the same as X's like they have been doing for years in champ.

Or they stamped them recently.

Or they stamped them recently.

That would be the other option. I cant remember what the markings were on the ones that I have seen before but I believe that *E is what they are currently using on the eagle

Consider Disc Nation officially on the case of the Star EL(sort of)! I have been keeping eye out for these but haven't seen one yet in our shipments. We are expecting a rather large restock soon so I'll dig around when that lands. So far every Star Eagle I have seen since I first heard about Star ELs has been the EX

I bought jaxx that Star E-L. It was at the pro shop at USDGC. The rack was full of S-EX's but one of them was an L mold. I picked it up right away.

I just checked the bottom it is labeled *E.

It was notroman who picked it up. Thanks man!

That would be the other option. I cant remember what the markings were on the ones that I have seen before but I believe that *E is what they are currently using on the eagle

I have 2 foil star X-molds that are still marked "SEX" on the back

I have 2 foil star X-molds that are still marked "SEX" on the back

They don't stamp them 'til they're ready to leave the warehouse, so it's very possible these are old stock that were stamped recently. There are flight numbered S/DS Destroyers out there for the same reason.

Mines the two color stamp as well comparing the the bottom rim between two eagles I can definitely tell that it is an EL, it didn't have an concave shape but a blunt slope like current TL and no bead on the edge.

I picked up a star L with the new 2 colored stamp recently, but it had patent #s on the back so I think they are just stamping an old run. If anyone does get one I would advise against putting it up on DDGA on FB like I did, you will be dissapointed by the bids. And it was just marked *E on the back.

Necro bump. Just acquired a Star Eagle-L. Nice bright pink color. The guy at the store showed me the differences in the rim of the Eagle-X and Eagle-L, so I learned something by direct observation today. Looking forward to trying the Eagle out...

Yeah, these are becoming more commonly available. I've bought 5 or so over the last 6 months.

Latest posts