• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Star Eagle L

Dollar says your seasoned Champ Eagle X will be beefier than your new Star Eagle L.

Its only 24 in Memphis, but I still ain't going no where, Happy New Year

^agree

I only have one star L, and I am betting it is just a super stable example. Has higher PLH and beefier looking leading edge than all of my eagles (x or l) with the exception of my circle stamps.

Either way its a good disc, if they are less stable than a fresh x that is a good thing. It's quite a jump from my star L to my older champ L, might get another star to bridge the gap if that is where the newer run L's sit.

Dollar says your seasoned Champ Eagle X will be beefier than your new Star Eagle L.

Its only 24 in Memphis, but I still ain't going no where, Happy New Year

That would be ideal. I'm hoping it'll be a little straighter than my Nybo swirly Teebird with maybe a bit less glide. It's not nearly as domey as the NTB, but definitely not puddly like the Champ EX.

Happy New Year to you as well!

Last edited:
^agree

I only have one star L, and I am betting it is just a super stable example. Has higher PLH and beefier looking leading edge than all of my eagles (x or l) with the exception of my circle stamps.

Either way its a good disc, if they are less stable than a fresh x that is a good thing. It's quite a jump from my star L to my older champ L, might get another star to bridge the gap if that is where the newer run L's sit.

It's quite a jump for most molds going from star to champ plastics in terms of stability, IMO. In addition to being more stable, I also find champion to be 2-3x more durable, duh right;) That's why I was pretty sure ^Beats would find his new star L less overstable than his seasoned 12x eagle-x.

Really I don't know much about star eagles as I prefer them in Champ/glow but I have had a few stars. My recent experience was with Champ F2 ELs from a few years back. Those beat in to flip up laser beams as they season. They overlaped with teebirds/rivals too much for me. Anyway, it maybe a STAR EL but I'll bet another dollar that it will be a point and shoot laser for a season or two. Maybe longer if you don't hit a lot of trees or wear it out on flick approaches; that eagle fade makes them so easy to range:D

Today gor the First time in the wild, I spotted a heavy star eagle L. So I bought it, of course. Would like to see these around a lot more.

Took out my 3 newly acquired L molds out for a round Sunday. 6-7/10 11x 171g, fresh 12x 161g, fresh Star 174g. The beat in 11x is great for me, gentle turn with a mild fade. The fresh 12x is a little less turn with a bit more fade and slightly less glide. The star is least turn, almost none, with medium fade. These things are great. Very controllable, gentle flip up to nice straight flight. I think I'll bag the 11x and star along side my star eagle x and pro Leo. Should be a great fairway lineup for me.

So now we have another disc under the Innova umbrella. Will infinite continue selling other manufacturers products?

Yeah they will still sell other brands. Consider this to be an entrance to the market like Hyzerbomb or Millennium. They have some other stuff they will be bringing out too, at leagues a few weeks ago they had a beaded Mako3.

Yeah they will still sell other brands. Consider this to be an entrance to the market like Hyzerbomb or Millennium. They have some other stuff they will be bringing out too, at leagues a few weeks ago they had a beaded Mako3.

Hmmm, beaded Mako3 sounds interesting. Wish Innova had something similar to a Comet in terms of feel and flight.

Interesting...
Not sure if it's actually possible, but if they can get a beaded mold to have the same flight and glide as a mako3, I would probably try it

Sounds like a V-Roc