• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Sting

The Sting looks like it would be the hardest disc in a cycle to lose. The one that explodes and breaks your heart.

The Sting looks like it would be the hardest disc in a cycle to lose. The one that explodes and breaks your heart.

This is the perfect explanation...it's that beat stable fairway slot out of the box (more or less).

One more word to the announcers: No, the Sting is NOT "like the flippiest disc on the planet."

Seriously?

No, Innova has the flippest disc on the market in the Fairway Category, Archangel being so far to the right it is not funny and with more experienced players it can only be used down wind. Yeah I think the CCDG Who were doing the Commentary for the tournament made a mistake.

Last edited:
It's faster...

The Archer has that hybrid midrange/driver kind of rim (like the Stratus) whereas the Sting is very much a more driveresque rim design.

I feel the Archer is a more understable Squall, maybe a touch slower. I am bagging both.
If I have a chance later, I will photo a PLH comparison.

Agreed. The Sting IS flippy, but definitely not uselessly so.

Haven't thtown mine much, but my flat, max weight Z is pretty straight on a hyzer release. It will turn all the way on a fairly hard rip thrown flat.

MJ was throwing a swirly ESP, he laid down a nice roller with it too.

Haven't thtown mine much, but my flat, max weight Z is pretty straight on a hyzer release. It will turn all the way on a fairly hard rip thrown flat.

MJ was throwing a swirly ESP, he laid down a nice roller with it too.

I probably should experiment around with some...mine are lighter Big Z, 167-169g range. I wonder if the new, stiff ESP might be the most "OS" for this mold.

When I throw a Sting:

raw

No, Innova has the flippest disc on the market in the Fairway Category, Archangel being so far to the right it is not funny and with more experienced players it can only be used down wind. Yeah I think the CCDG Who were doing the Commentary for the tournament made a mistake.

Still not as flippy as the Franklin Albatross/Sparrow.

Just ordered a 172gr Big-Z.

We'll see how it goes. Maybe it will take the place of my beat to death DX Gazelle, seeing as I can't seem to find DX Gazelles anymore, it might work.

Just ordered a 172gr Big-Z.

We'll see how it goes. Maybe it will take the place of my beat to death DX Gazelle, seeing as I can't seem to find DX Gazelles anymore, it might work.

I think you will be pleased. It really fills that beat in fairway driver role and can be very versatile if you like to throw discs with hyzer.

I think you will be pleased. It really fills that beat in fairway driver role and can be very versatile if you like to throw discs with hyzer.

I hope so. I really like FH Hyzer flipping understable stuff down tunnels too.

Was going to try an ESP, but I'm afraid if I like it, Discraft won't run anymore and will just be another disc I can't get, so. . .Big-Z it is!

I hope so. I really like FH Hyzer flipping understable stuff down tunnels too.

Was going to try an ESP, but I'm afraid if I like it, Discraft won't run anymore and will just be another disc I can't get, so. . .Big-Z it is!

ESP is in regular production now. I'm not sure what the concern is.