• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Sting

Big Z that I just picked up has about 1 1/2" of shoulder from the outside edge of the rim then the top is flat.

Only in All plastic Except the Pro D they are still making the disc or selling it in that plastic. The Stalker has seemed to replace the XL.

That and Taker, MAntis and Sting all now available.

Back to the Sting...

Excellent woods disc. Slow, flippy, glidey. Rolls well.

Back to the Sting...

Excellent woods disc. Slow, flippy, glidey. Rolls well.

It's taking shots away from my S-FD, hyzer flip FH tunnel, which is kinda inconceivable. Actually thinking of going with a C-FD for that extra touch of stability.

Mine is looking to replace my River, it's a little shorter but so far seems much less sensitive to nose angles, has a shot of taking the Tremor out also.

You guys are making this sound pretty fun. So does the Sting boom too? Too much overlap with a Relay? I know the Relay is a bit of a different disc altogether but just curious what anyone would say

You guys are making this sound pretty fun. So does the Sting boom too? Too much overlap with a Relay? I know the Relay is a bit of a different disc altogether but just curious what anyone would say

It definitely can boom, but be sure to give it plenty of room to work. I used to throw a 166g N Relay that was about a similar level of flippy, but I think the Relay might have slightly more LSS.

I put one of my ace race ones in my bag today, then took it out before I even left home. You guys are getting closer to convincing me into trying it again, but I had zero luck with it at the AR.

At the AR, I couldn't figure it out. Since I have trouble with hyzer flips, I felt I could barely throw it without turn and burn cut rollers. I was getting frustrated enough by the end of the day I was step putting with it on the shorter holes and forehand rolling the longer ones.

Got my old man throwing the Sting, says it's one of the best discs he's ever thrown.

Thrown smooth and clean, this is one of the easiest discs I have thrown, it's better than a DX Leopard!

Now I'm going to have to get me an ESP!

Been throwing an ESP AR Sting a few rounds... been liking this disc. Flies like a reasonably beat in Star Leo right out of the box. Really nice on tight lines where you need just a little turn. And it has nice glide.

Seeing all this sting love has got me wondering, how does it stack up compared to say a max weight Z archer? I've been loving the archer lately for effortless flippy shots. Goes slightly farther than most of my mids.