• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Sting

Hyzerflipping Stings is just the best thing

Hi! Im back after another few months! So, I picked up a 170-172 First Run Z Sting and am almost disappointed. Its suuuuper stable. Zero turn thrown flat, zero flip on a hyzer. Guess hould have gone big Z. If anyone is looking for a stable one pm me. Good to be back!

Just picked one of these up in ESP...nice disc for sure. My favorite disc in my bag is a wonderfully banged up X Buzz that has a nice late turn, can flip to flat and stay there, or even power down for nice glideY short hyzers. I found the Sting to do all of these same things quite well out of the box. As such, probably won't go in my bag as there is some redundancy, but that doesn't change the fact that this thing is pretty great out of the box sandwiched between a fresh Buzzz and Mantis IMO.

Hi! Im back after another few months! So, I picked up a 170-172 First Run Z Sting and am almost disappointed. Its suuuuper stable. Zero turn thrown flat, zero flip on a hyzer. Guess hould have gone big Z. If anyone is looking for a stable one pm me. Good to be back!

I think those are the most stable version reported so far, Big Z are flippers for sure.

Just got back from doing an intro-to-disc-golf session with a couple dozen college students. I was amazed how well a Big Z Sting did for a novice thrower. I had been loaning novices a DX Leopard or X Mantis, may start handing out Stings now.

I guess I'll have to pick up a Big Z and live with the dome.

Was the Ace Race version flatter?

I guess I'll have to pick up a Big Z and live with the dome.

Was the Ace Race version flatter?

My flippy esp prototype is about the same in flattness as my stable Z. The z's profile is just suuuuper higher than the esp. I mean, the PLH is a solid 1/8 in higher. Its ridiculous, damn near a completely diffierent disc.

Has anyone other than Romservo found a stable sting? If they really are out there I may need to start looking.

Has anyone other than Romservo found a stable sting? If they really are out there I may need to start looking.

Max weight, flat, first run Z. I have 2 that are identical and I'd rate them at -2/1. The only other one I've tried was a 170g Big Z that was domey and considerably less stable.

Max weight, flat, first run Z. I have 2 that are identical and I'd rate them at -2/1. The only other one I've tried was a 170g Big Z that was domey and considerably less stable.

I have a 170g Ti that I would rate as -2, 1 as well. Sits right between my Crave and my Vamp

Good to know. So it sounds like the flat heavy ones are the most stable. Right now I'm throwing a flat 167-169 Z, so maybe I'll try to find a flat max weight TI to compliment it?

Good to know. So it sounds like the flat heavy ones are the most stable. Right now I'm throwing a flat 167-169 Z, so maybe I'll try to find a flat max weight TI to compliment it?

That's sort of close to what I do. 167-169 g Big Z for super understable, 172 g (forget the exact range) TI for moderately understable.

Also have a 167-169 Z but don't bag it and haven't thrown it enough against the Big Z to know if it's really that different from the Big Z. I think they're close.

Does this thing do anything my heat + undertaker + archer can't do? I'm curious to try one, but really trying to simplify / cut out molds in my bag.

Does this thing do anything my heat + undertaker + archer can't do? I'm curious to try one, but really trying to simplify / cut out molds in my bag.

I am bagging Heat, Sting and Archer. It's the understable complement to my Crave; both longer and more turn than my max weight Archer.
Think of the Sting as a shorter Sail.
I have never thrown an undertaker, so I cannot speak to it.

I wrote som stuff about my testing ARCHER VS STING in the Archer tread.

For me the STING in Big-Z is more US than my Z, Ti and Big-Z Archer and flies quite different. . .

In short...The STING does one thing, it slowly turns right for a RHBH thrower. . .very predictable and nice to have

The ARCHER in Z flips up a then goes straight until it stalls out and drops. . in Ti and Big-Z it flips up and then slowly driftes right.. . if thrown low the ARCHER has to be released on a Hyzer or it will flip to the ground. . .you can throw i flat or with an anhyzer but then then you have to throw i high

Latest posts