• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Team Trilogy

Why not just call it "Trilogy Club"? I think the team word is creating all the drama. The average disc golfer is confused and making this all a big mess!

Many disc golfers tend to be very "screw the man" think for yourself minded people, therefore they see anything that stinks of cowtowing to any sort of conformity as an affront to that philosophy, and anyone who would do so as weak between the ears. Those folks don't like cults or anything that stinks like one, even if they're under no obligation to join it.

I mean, if people wish to eliminate any non-Trilogy discs from their bags in exchange for a few magic beans, who am I to tell them they're wrong? Its their money, their time and their life.

I'm on Team Trilogy. Right now, we are in the early, developmental stages of what we call "Trilogy thought conquering." It's very much similar to Jedi mind tricks. Now, we've been studying hours upon hours of Star Wars footage to try to perfect our methods, but we still have much work that needs to be done. But don't worry, someday, and soon, you will allllll have Trilogy bags. Muhuhuhahahaha!!!

I'm on Team Trilogy. Right now, we are in the early, developmental stages of what we call "Trilogy thought conquering." It's very much similar to Jedi mind tricks. Now, we've been studying hours upon hours of Star Wars footage to try to perfect our methods, but we still have much work that needs to be done. But don't worry, someday, and soon, you will allllll have Trilogy bags. Muhuhuhahahaha!!!
:thmbup:

This kind of reaction from a TT member is a hell of a lot better than the "butt-hurt, drama filled" reaction that we normally see out of that group and some of their leaders.

Is it really the name that bothers everyone? I pride myself in my ability to see both sides of an argument. My wife might hate me for that, but I just can't wrap my head around the anti team trilogy stance.

I get that dgcr is full of sarcasm and jokers. Most of the time I get it and laugh with you guys. In this instance, it seems like there is a group of people that have started the anti TT bandwagon. I just don't get how the bandwagoners group think is any better than the group think they dislike. It's the same as the sheep that are the emo/goth "rebels".

Maybe most of you are just taking funny shots at TT, but some people on here have gone overboard with the hate. The only reason I don't like TT is because of the confusion that the name brings. Some of that is the wording in the sign up page, but mostly it's my fault for misunderstanding the origins of TT.

This thread has shown us that TT is a club. I hope they word that better on the sign up, but I'm not going to bash a club because of my own ignorance.

:thmbup:

This kind of reaction from a TT member is a hell of a lot better than the "butt-hurt, drama filled" reaction that we normally see out of that group and some of their leaders.

Here's how I see it... Am I a Team Trilogy member? Yes. When someone asks "what disc is good for X shot?", will I suggest a Trilogy disc? Absolutely. Do I feel that their product is superior? You bet your ass. But will I look at someone in a negative light because they throw other companies' plastic? Certainly not. Well, maybe Prodigy... Kidding, I'm kidding!! Look, it's like that saying goes, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Well, that saying holds true for disc golf brands. Throw what you want and try to keep your head in your own bag. I know I do. And for cryin out loud.... HAVE FUN!!! Enough with the negativity.

Many disc golfers tend to be very "screw the man" think for yourself minded people, therefore they see anything that stinks of cowtowing to any sort of conformity as an affront to that philosophy, and anyone who would do so as weak between the ears. Those folks don't like cults or anything that stinks like one, even if they're under no obligation to join it.

I mean, if people wish to eliminate any non-Trilogy discs from their bags in exchange for a few magic beans, who am I to tell them they're wrong? Its their money, their time and their life.

Agreed.

I'm dropping westside because of you losers. Now my bags all MVP and I'm subject to all sorts or harassment. :/ this stuff rly affects my scores on the course...

My 2 cents. The reason why people frown upon team trilogy is the 10-15 percent of the guys that are super die hard. I was on the page when it was still trilogy vs trinity. The guys who swear a xxx or trident is whippet like. Honestly nothing is whippet like. But they will argue blue in the face about it. And some will say well you are just throwing it wrong. I'm a MVP/westside player. I do have about 6 companies in te bag. But it's something that has spread to the course. I will throw a disc. And someone will ask what it is. I'll say. Oh. It's a westside giant. And I'll get "oh you are one of those guys, huh?" I just smile and say no. I'm a mix bag player. I play with whatever works for me. I almost dropped the group when I got a "warning" when glow disc got brought up. And I said out my 12 years of playing , the only glow disc that actually hold a good glow were the eclipse MVP. It wasmt a shot at trilogy. Just a generalized statement about glow disc and their lack of glow

I've played with glow innova, discraft, moonshines, different plastics of each. And everyone. By the time you walk to your disc. The glow has died. I suggested using the lights. But they warned me even though I was just suggesting using the lights for their disc

texhop that's a bummer. I know it use to be pretty bad, and a lot of it was fueled by one person. Unfortunately, delusions of grandeur crept into the page. It really isn't like that as uch anymore. The new blood gets a lil teeth nashy at times but most of have said our peace in regards to there will be no perfect replacement. Does a XXX throw like a Whippet? Honestly, I don't know. But I would assume it is as close as you're gonna get, which is what most people SHOULD be looking for when they ask that question.

And I was a proponent for trinity. I got shot down due to personal implications of the word to someone. I wish we would have kept it. Vibram has the best glow in my opinion. But you're right with lights. Especially now that PDGA has allowed them for sanctioned night play, I personally don't know why anyone wouldn't use lights.

texhop that's a bummer. I know it use to be pretty bad, and a lot of it was fueled by one person. Unfortunately, delusions of grandeur crept into the page. It really isn't like that as uch anymore. The new blood gets a lil teeth nashy at times but most of have said our peace in regards to there will be no perfect replacement. Does a XXX throw like a Whippet? Honestly, I don't know. But I would assume it is as close as you're gonna get, which is what most people SHOULD be looking for when they ask that question.

And I was a proponent for trinity. I got shot down due to personal implications of the word to someone. I wish we would have kept it. Vibram has the best glow in my opinion. But you're right with lights. Especially now that PDGA has allowed them for sanctioned night play, I personally don't know why anyone wouldn't use lights.

I was tempted by the vibram when they were launched. Just didn't drop the 20 for a disc. That I may or may not use just to try it in glow. ( I have owned vibram in all fairway, drivers, and mids beside the ibex)
Do I think the idea behind the page is good. YES. But I do think there was been some stuff that has hurt it. Yes. At times I have considered dropping my westsides because they were rough on some people (including me) for opinions. But I'm not going to punish westside for a group of people. Ill throw what works.a great example is the MVP page had a trilogy challenge question pop up. And not one person blew off the gasket. We compared the disc to what we had. What we liked. What we didn't. And if they complimented another disc. I'm not using the shield for my close putting and anode for my longer putts. Because my anode would pop the chains and roll.

What religion prohibits disc golf on Sundays?

Sorry. I've been on vacation and haven't read dgcr for a bit. I believe in keeping the Sabbath day holy. What that means is different for different people. Many people in my religion play disc golf on Sundays. I don't. It is a personal decision and I'm ok with it. I also don't really care what your opinion is, it won't change me one bit.

200_s.gif

For all those in the cult there will be a new DD proto starting to get tested and make it's way soon to the PDGA for approval. I've heard pretty overstable and similarities to the Lat64 XXX today from the winner of my Trilogy Challenge. Fella by the name of Rusco. Throws a mean disc game.

Latest posts