• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas Disc Golfers

yeah i'm kinda mr. weekend so the only ones i take off are HOTT events .. where i can feel money falling out of my check for no good reason at all :cry:

but now that i'm not commuting anymore, and i'm at home like 3 days a week 8) i have much fewer excuses for not playing them.

Houston, Texas

favorite course is Jefferson Barracks in Mo.

so anyone want to get together for a round somewhere sometime?

ie. the snow farm? dripping springs? wimberly?

matchu said:
Houston, Texas

favorite course is Jefferson Barracks in Mo.

so anyone want to get together for a round somewhere sometime?

ie. the snow farm? dripping springs? wimberly?

In an Austin, Tx local

And to answer you matchu, Im always down for a round in Wimberly or Dripping Springs. I will also be throwing Tx State Am Doubles with booter at Snow Farm. You gonna be there?

So, I'm headed up to Austin this coming Saturday and am wondering what courses I should play. Help me out. I've played Circle C (awesome) and Pease park (cool). Where else should I check out? Also, anyone interested in a round?

lowracks said:
So, I'm headed up to Austin this coming Saturday and am wondering what courses I should play. Help me out. I've played Circle C (awesome) and Pease park (cool). Where else should I check out? Also, anyone interested in a round?

First off it is going to be MUDDY!! So be prepared, bring extra shoes, sock, towels and whatever else you can think of.

As for courses you can check out dgcr for the details but here are my personal favorites. On Saturday myself, booter, zj1002 and eli will all be at East Metro around 9am

Austin Ridgeline (westlake area, west austin)
Wilco (Williamson County Parl) - Leander/North Austin - However itll prolly be closed due to the recent rain
East Metropolitan Park - Manor (East of Austin on the south side)
Circle C (south Austin)
Metcenter (south Austin) - however it probably will not be playable honestly

Those are the most fun to play in my opinion and are definitely the better courses in the Austin Area

some others that are good but in my opinion not too special

Steeplechase, (Kyle, south of Austin)
Brushy Creek MUD DGC a.k.a Cat Hollow (North West Austin)
Old Settlers' Park (Round Rock/ North Austin)

Those are all my recommended courses

out of those I would say ridgeline handles it the best. Then circle c. The others will just be mud pits. If ur up to go north to old settlers park in rr then that one does good when it rains also. It's been rainin since wed so it's supposed to of stopped already. Either way the worst would be metcenter so I would steer clear of it. meast metro might b bad but were still goin

hah i just went out to steeplechase(kyle) driving range with the CD's for a while. that place was damn near flooded. i was having to drive off the sidewalk because the driving pad was covered in water. I would recommend not playing Steeplechase for a couple weeks, the water was pretty close to a lot of the baskets( i walked it looking for discs heh)

edit: I also discovered I have a noodle arm when I don't get my runup, need to work on that. 300-320 is not cool.

Like they said where ever you decide to play, be prepared for some muddy/wet terrain. it has been a nasty week

Good thing about Texas is that you can play during winter where the temperature doesn't get below freezing very often.

I live a little east of Dallas right now, but I'll be living within walking distance of Audubon Park (my original home course) by the beginning of summer. Home course right now is Rockwall, though I've been driving out to Tyler a lot lately for the new Dogwood course (BRUTAL!).

My other DFW faves are Lorch, Turner, and Audubon...and I'm really excited about the new course coming soon to the Wilmer/Hutchins area (same designer as Lorch).

Once things warm up a bit, I'm going to make a trip to the ATX area to check out some of the newer courses that have been installed since the last time I was there (3-4 years ago).

zj1002 said:
i smell a big ATX DGR weekend/day this spring/summer??? 8)
One of my goals is to make it down to Austin this summer to play. That's a pretty long trip to go that far south and east.

zj1002 said:
we had a Dallas DGR day last year at Lorch Park in Cedar Hill...i think we had near 10 play during the first round. Perhaps a DFW vs ATX event is in order...we could all meet halfway at the Beast in Waco.

RustyP said:
zj1002 said:
we had a Dallas DGR day last year at Lorch Park in Cedar Hill...i think we had near 10 play during the first round. Perhaps a DFW vs ATX event is in order...we could all meet halfway at the Beast in Waco.

sounds like a challenge. im down. bring it on dallas

just thinking about how we do this. do like match play? or combined total scores? would be lots of fun for sure