• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas Disc Golfers

This is a long shot...

but I was curious if anyone else that reads these forums goes to Texas State University. I am going to start a disc golf club since we have a course on campus. If you don't go to texas state but know someone who does then please contact me, I need some support from other students to get this club approved. I was also hoping to find 3 other people to possibly compete in the collegiate disc golf championships http://ncdgu.com/

so hopefully there are some people that just read the forums and can pass the word around. if you know anyone interested in this please get in contact with me. the texas state course is always packed with students when it isn't raining. I know the interest is there, I just want to sort of organize it before I graduate

i'm a super famous SWT alum! (ok i still owe fines)

honestly i don't know any golfers still in school (besides yourself) but i'd lend whatever support i could, and put in a good word at the Nation

oh shit i forgot about you haha

yeah if you come across some students just send them my way

thanks dude!

I am probably going to have my sister(shes has done advertising) help me make some flyers to post around campus. see if i can stir up any interest

well I did manage to finally get in contact with one of the university disc golf organizations. they are just getting off the ground. hopefully we can start putting together some events down here. I will def try to start a mini-tourney in the spring/summer on the campus course($$$ 8) )

zj1002 said:
well I did manage to finally get in contact with one of the university disc golf organizations. they are just getting off the ground. hopefully we can start putting together some events down here. I will def try to start a mini-tourney in the spring/summer on the campus course($$$ 8) )

Does Texas State offer disc golf as a P.E. credit? There are 3 universities here in Abilene and ACU has a course and offers it as a class and HSU this semester offered it for the first time. I'm not sure if McMurry has it or not, but with all the students that come to Abilene it's really helped to grow the sport around here.

I wish there was a class. I would take it in a heart beat. I mean we have a course that runs through West Campus, it couldn't be any better set up. just need a local pro to offer to teach it and I am sure it would happen

Well after slicing the bottom of my rght big toe off 4 months ago, I finally got cleared by the doctor to wear shoes and do more than minimal walking again. So I played a 9 hole on Friday and the 18 hole course yesterday. It was great to inally get out and play, but man was I awful! OAT was killing me and it didn't help that we've got 20+ mph winds. Great to be playing again though!

Heads up to South Austin-area DGR folk -- Disc Nation is taking applications (for another week or so) for a new part-time position, it'd be warehouse (~2 miles south from store) and store clerk, with some weekend shifts required.

If anyone has questions, just shoot me a PM or come in the store. Apps are at the front counter, and I'm there Sat-Sun-Mon-Tues open to close. It's a fun company to work for, and DGR knowledge is a huge plus. And if you guys know any responsible golfers who need extra work, send 'em in!

Pease,
Zach

anyone else played Pease recently? played today and shot -2(played par 3s) but the course seemed a lot easier than it did just a month ago. they cut down some trees that opened up more lines on some of the water crossing shots. kinda sucks, but I guess we are lucky the course is still even in the ground

rumors rumbling that txstate may be hosting a tourney soon(being a club the school will help pay for this which rocks). more details coming soon... :D

on a side note about the course. I am going to be contacting the rec. department here about getting some better teepads and signs(since we have the money available for it). I also have a dream of marking off the course with some rope, which I think would make it one of the harder courses in the area(would do this only for a tourney).

my spring break starts in an hour and a half. If anyone is in the Austin area and wants to play some rounds this week just shoot me a PM. I am probably going to try and make some trips to courses in San Antonio and maybe Boerne(practice for tourney in April).

Just wanted to say since this was the "Texas Disc Golfers" thread,

In the PDGA memorial thread, they are harshing pretty harshly on Texan's ability to play well.

FYI,

just an fyi for those coming to Waco, the front nine of the beast has been pulled due to park renovations. However this summer, a bigger better Cameron West will be finished with 5 awesome new holes back in the woods.