• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Texas States

Ricky has the win in the bag. Cat completely fell apart...:(...and now Sarah is out of reach.

Edit: I hope Cat's not injured. ??? Any news on her round?

Didn't Sarah have a pretty big lead going into today anyway? I think she ran away with it more than Cat fell apart.

Didn't Sarah have a pretty big lead going into today anyway? I think she ran away with it more than Cat fell apart.

Cat was one shot back of Sarah, and is +7 right now for the day. I think Sarah's just coasting at -1.

Ricky is ridiculous. He has an 11 shot lead...no letting up for that boy.

Cat was one shot back of Sarah, and is +7 right now for the day. I think Sarah's just coasting at -1.

Ricky is ridiculous. He has an 11 shot lead...no letting up for that boy.

My bad. I thought the gap between them was larger. But Sarah had to have shot well comparatively to be -1 for today's round when the rest were +7 or more. I wouldn't say that is coasting if it is that big a gap over the rest of the card, personally.

With such a small sample size, it's possible that Ricky got insanely lucky, but it's more likely that he's the most well-rounded disc golfer on the planet who also got a few breaks.
the bold part is what I think is true. I think this is the year we see the Ricky show. Had he not obviously been feeling under the weather at the Memorial I think he would have that win in his pocket too. Kid is playing lights out. He is so confident in every shot he takes and I don't think I have ever seen anything get into his head.
Also, it may be worth noting that there are some folks near the top of that list that don't throw many forehands at all.
That is very true. Imagine if they did have good forehands?

Most of the top young guys/girls have good FH. They might not have Ricky's wicked FH, but they use it in their games. These aren't the days of Climo anymore, where everyone's throwing turnovers.

Anyone know what exactly wysocki is throwing right now. With prodigy only having two drivers out and two mids that just recently came out, I have hard time believing its just the prodigy disc itself. It has to be the player. But what else is in his arsenal right now

Ricky has the win in the bag. Cat completely fell apart...:(...and now Sarah is out of reach.

Edit: I hope Cat's not injured. ??? Any news on her round?

I followed the women's lead card for first 7 holes. Cat is not hurt, but her mental is off today. She seems to get frustrated with her errant shots early on which rattled her and did not get back into her ideal rhythm. She got bit rushed and missed like 5 to 8 foot putt. Certainly impressed with Hokum's FH.

Followed the men's lead card for the whole round. Uli spent lot of time in roughs and it is not his day. Nikko is pretty good with driving/approches but he missed one too many makeable putts early on then he finally starting making most putts late in the round and eked out for 3rd place by 1. Paul is really solid today, he is so strong mentally and I think he made all putts within 30 foot circle. Paul got 60 which is 2nd best round all weekend. Ricky was awesome today getting a 62 and great win. Most impressive shot by Ricky was FH from tee at 20th hole and went further than any longest BH throw I have seen on that hole. In all it was great tournament, great weather and loved that format.

Anyone know what exactly wysocki is throwing right now. With prodigy only having two drivers out and two mids that just recently came out, I have hard time believing its just the prodigy disc itself. It has to be the player. But what else is in his arsenal right now

They have the D1, D2, D3, D4, M1, M2, M3, M4, PA1, PA2, & PA3 approved and probably in their bags. Just because they are not in mainstream production yet doesn't mean they don't have them in their bags.
I may be wrong, but I believe that they have to run a minimum of 500 discs for approval.

Ok just checked all the mids and putters got approval on 3/5. I must of missed the press on the putters. I didn't realize those all got approval early in the month. That was my question pretty much

They have the D1, D2, D3, D4, M1, M2, M3, M4, PA1, PA2, & PA3 approved and probably in their bags. Just because they are not in mainstream production yet doesn't mean they don't have them in their bags.
I may be wrong, but I believe that they have to run a minimum of 500 discs for approval.

There have to be 500 commercially available and they must have been on the market for 30 days. I do not think anything but D1 and D4 are legal for use yet.

So far I know they were throwing D1, D4, M1 and M3 this weekend.

There's no 30-day requirement any more but at least 500 of each model have to be out there legitimately available on the market before it can be used. No fair if 11 Prodigy players each have 46 of each model. ;)

There's no 30-day requirement any more but at least 500 of each model have to be out there legitimately available on the market before it can be used. No fair if 11 Prodigy players each have 46 of each model. ;)

What happened to the 30 day requirement?

The 30-day requirement was originally in there primarily to make sure the discs were available long enough before Worlds which used to be near the time new discs would be released. That was also before we had all of the retail outlets including overnight deliveries. In addition, with so many of the top players sponsored, they can't use other disc models even if they had them available.

But got me thinking. That still doesn't have any fairways for use, and t seems like the players would want/need one. So i guess we circle back to stalking his bag and wanting to know what's in it