• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

THAT WOULD BE A GREAT COURSE

G-MIL

Birdie Member
I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever seen a certain place or location and thought hey that would make a great spot for a basket or a hole or even an entire course? Myself when I was studying abroad in Italy I was on the island of Capri and saw a spot just like that and I happened to snap a pic, here it is. It was beautiful but once I took the picture and just stood there I was thinking in the back of my head "I wish there was a basket at the top of the rock and I had a bag full of discs to throw at it."

Attachments

• IMG_2631.jpg
    IMG_2631.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 402
I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever seen a certain place or location and thought hey that would make a great spot for a basket or a hole or even an entire course? Myself when I was studying abroad in Italy I was on the island of Capri and saw a spot just like that and I happened to snap a pic, here it is. It was beautiful but once I took the picture and just stood there I was thinking in the back of my head "I wish there was a basket at the top of the rock and I had a bag full of discs to throw at it."

Pretty much everywhere I look. My wife gets sick of me doing this every time we pass a wooded area.

Yeah, I do the same thing...
This may also fall into the " you know you are addicted" thread.

This is the place I took my discs to throw when I had some free time and wasn't occupied with something else. The Circus Maximus in Rome, the picture is hard to do justice as to how big this really was. This is where they used to have all the chariot races in Rome. It didn't matter how crappy my throw was it still stayed within the area and off the street.

Attachments

• IMG_3389.jpg
    IMG_3389.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_3395.jpg
    IMG_3395.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 223
This is the place I took my discs to throw when I had some free time and wasn't occupied with something else. The Circus Maximus in Rome, the picture is hard to do justice as to how big this really was. This is where they used to have all the chariot races in Rome. It didn't matter how crappy my throw was it still stayed within the area and off the street.
That's awesome. You win.

This is the park across the street from my home. The park is in two sections, and this part has a 1 mile trail around a very nice area, for walkers and joggers. I would love to see a 9-hole course put in this area, but there is just too many joggers and walkers and someone would get hit:

Walking4-1.jpg

Walking3-1.jpg

Walking2-1.jpg

Walking1-1.jpg

That's a sweet park Midnight. It would make for a tough course.

There's a retirement community center in my town that my wife works at that has an awesome lawn. It would make for a definite 4 star course if it were laid out right. I've thought about proposing disc golf to them but the holes would have to be like 100' and less for the seniors who live there and there probably wouldn't be that many of them that would be able to play.

Not only do I do this all the time, but now my father and I do it together...and when I took my mom out playing she was talking about relatives that live in the boonies and how we should set up a course there. I totally agree.

\/\/

Pretty much everywhere I look. My wife gets sick of me doing this every time we pass a wooded area.

Ditto, when she sees that glazed over stare, she knows I'm plotting pin positions & tee pads. So, So sad. ;)

I did a whole series of photoshops along these lines a while back. I know I posted them before, but here we go again. Figure Somebody might get a kick out of them if they havent seen them! :)
worlds-hawaii.jpg

worlds-stonehenge.jpg

worlds-rushmore.jpg