• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The 2014 Memorial Championship

I'm with you but of course everything is relative. Is McBeths FH better then 99.9% of disc golfers? Yeah I would say so. I would say he's not elite in your territory or Avery/Rickie/Jerms.
Interesting. You're putting McBeth's forehand as better than every 1000 disc golfers, period? Or every 1000 competitive disc golfers? If you assume for 100,000 competitive disc golfers, you're putting him in the top 100 forehand throwers out there.

Anyone notice Cale wore a Nikko signature shirt his second day at Vista?

McBeth's forehand is good but nothing special. I've seen a decent amount of footage of him and not one flick shot has left me saying wow. It is certainly not a "great" forehand.

Cale and Nikko are close friends. He always helped to support/spread the word about Fly Life which is Nikko's company.

I know they're friends but it wasn't even Cale's size. It looked small. Pretty sure he just didn't have a clean shirt.

Interesting. You're putting McBeth's forehand as better than every 1000 disc golfers, period? Or every 1000 competitive disc golfers? If you assume for 100,000 competitive disc golfers, you're putting him in the top 100 forehand throwers out there.

Is there 100 better fore handers in the world? I originally did mean out of all disc golfer in general, from the rec chucker to the elite pro.

McBeth's forehand is good but nothing special. I've seen a decent amount of footage of him and not one flick shot has left me saying wow. It is certainly not a "great" forehand.

I've seen him get up and down a TON with the FH. He's not throwing it 400 but on 250-350 range he's pretty deadly accurate. He is the best player on the planet after all. ;)

Paul uses his forehand to save him strokes. He's above average in every aspect of his game, except putting. I would say that's the best part of his game, and that he's the best in the world

Paul doesn't throw much understable stuff to extend the range of his forehand. I'm sure he might be able to, but why when he is deadly with the backhand? He takes the overstable stuff and crashes the pin. This is good in wind and utility, but you wouldn't do this if you were a great forehand player (for the same reason you don't throw your firebird 250 to 350 on a simple backhand hyzer shot)

Paul has a sickly accurate sidearm that doesn't miss very often. I know, I played with him a bit last year at NTiers and saw it. For those of you at home watching videos, just remember... you're at home watching videos. Once you play against him and beat him (more likely he beats you...badly) then you can compare yourself to him. Watching videos doesn't make you an expert.

I just think that he is so consistent with the FH and usually not flashy that it doesn't look impressive. Give him a month and I bet he could play FH only and still be 1000 rated. It is that good, of course his putting is probably the best in the world and that helps.

I think he understands that no FH dominant player has lasted very long in this game and chooses to use it sparingly and not for distance/power. Paul will be around a long time; Ricky, Jerm and other FH dominant players will not (unless they stop throwing FH so much).

Latest posts