• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] The 3rd Mold from RDG: What interests YOU?!

What type of mold do you want to see produced from RDG next?

• Total voters
Oh yeah, that would be so awesome.

That discs would make me probably sell my stack of Teebirds (Pat# Star/good flat ones) and invest all the mullah right back into the RDGbird. It doesn't need to be glideless either. A good solid glide, but not a whole stinking ton like some Fairways where they almost overlap with distance drivers.

Gosh, just thinking about it makes me want.

Yeah I'd say this could be possible in working with Gateway. Dave, as most folks know, isn't big on premium plastics. He doesn't really care to provide a consistent offering of evo. and that is reflected in their molds. In working with Dave I have found that he can pretty much create ANY type of feel though in terms of baseline. I think making some Fossil fairways would be a pretty neat process.

I agree with some on go for the roc killer. No matter what the choice ends up being I will try it out

Yeah I'd say this could be possible in working with Gateway. Dave, as most folks know, isn't big on premium plastics. He doesn't really care to provide a consistent offering of evo. and that is reflected in their molds. In working with Dave I have found that he can pretty much create ANY type of feel though in terms of baseline. I think making some Fossil fairways would be a pretty neat process.

Fossil plastic sounds really tasty and I really like the direction RDG is taking! :thmbup: I voted for the mids, I personally would prefer what many others have been saying here, a Roc-esque beaded mid range that would start out OS enough to cycle well.
I really like the idea of a fairway driver that would cycle well in Fossil plastic and a lid doesn't sound bad either! It will be really interesting to see how RDG is taking steps forward. Hopefully some day they will be available on this side of the pond as well!

I could get on board with a mid. If we're talking hopes and dreams I'd love to see 3 discs in your awesome Fossil plastic:

Midrange- 4/4/0/4
Fairway- 6/4/0/3
Distance- 10/3/0/4

With the Scale available, I could happily have a bag just cycling those four molds in Fossil. In fact, you release three discs like that and I will. And record plenty of footage of them with my GoPro and put it on YouTube... Free advertising for fulfilling my wishes.

I could get on board with a mid. If we're talking hopes and dreams I'd love to see 3 discs in your awesome Fossil plastic:

Midrange- 4/4/0/4
Fairway- 6/4/0/3
Distance- 10/3/0/4

With the Scale available, I could happily have a bag just cycling those four molds in Fossil. In fact, you release three discs like that and I will. And record plenty of footage of them with my GoPro and put it on YouTube... Free advertising for fulfilling my wishes.

:clap:

I think all up and coming manufacturers should start with an OS mold as their "first" in every speed class. As the new kid on the block, you have to immediately impress everyone so that word about your company is nothing but positive. It's harder to hate on a mold that is only supposed to do one thing and one thing well than to advertise a "straight out of the box" mold that may or may not end up being that. The only thing you have to worry about with an OS mold is if people like the smaller things like bead/no bead, plastic, name of disc, design and such, things that can be fixed easily.

Not only that but by the time the next mold comes out said OS disc is already beat in and now you can have multiple slots covered with just two molds. This is IMO why RDG is already as well liked as it is, they picked out an OS putter to start out with that from what I hear has great plastic and now have another putter that is straighter.

If I had a choice from here I would go this route:

1. OS mid (Sentinel-like)
2. US Putter
3. Stable mid (Truth/Buzzz-like)
4. OS Fairway (Resistor/Banshee-like)
5. US mid (Meteor/Tursas-like)
and so on.

Currently I use a S Warrior for my overstable to stable mid. Hoped to beat the fade out of one and finally after two years I have one that is straight, but still fade out at the end. This Sure Grip plastic is, like allready mentioned, allmost like premium. By far the best baseline plastic on the market.
I dont really care about the rounding between the rim and flightplate. Doesent bother me at all, actually I really like it.
So a slightly less stable Warrior, that would loose its fade (a little quicker than the Warrior) to be a straight flyer and eventually end up being a turnover mid, in Fossil platic, does sound very interesting!