• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The bag of Ian .. 2016 Edition

Been loving the setup but who was i kidding with the Zone lol .. its back in. I did enjoy not having it there it was so odd and different but its such a vital part of my game. Going to try and not lean on it as much and throw more clozer upshots where need be but i have had the same orange zone in the bag for near 5 years maybe longer so yeah its meant to be in there :p .. Been really liking the Nemesis combo as well but yeah so far so good :thmbup:

So yeah was enjoying the minimalist setup but playing so much woods golf i was missing my Patriot. Been playing some good golf lately and set my personal best at my home course over the weekend. Good ol "old man golf" lol .. hit the fairways and make your putts :thmbup: .. Here is what i have in the Fossa Tana Pro :

168 FR Icon Outlaw (seasoned) : stable-overstable max distance.. bh or fh.. anhyzers, big hyzers, forehand, etc.
168 FR Pinnacle Outlaw (fresh) : overstable max distance... fh, big flex shots, windy days.. the beef!
168 Legend Bandit (dark blue) : stable to understable max d.. "s" shots, hyzerflips, etc. sneaky long and beefy for a Bandit
165 FR Icon Bandit : understable!.. hyzerflip turnovers, rollers, trick shots, etc.

168 Pinnacle Patriot : perfect for woods golf.. can do a bit of everything!
168 Pinnacle Rival (flat, stiff, seasoned) : stable workhorse.. the ideal fairway!
168 Pinnacle Rival (domey,pearly) : stable to overstable..fits perfectly between my other two rivals.. super dependable!
172 Gunmetal Legend Rival (domey) - the beef.. big hyzers, windy days, control forehand, etc.

175 Protege Ghost (seasoning) : my stable do it all Ghost.. workhorse!
175 Excel Ghost (seasoned) : stable-understable.. hyzerflips, etc.
178 Legend Ghost : overstable duties.. not thrown much but solid dependable fade.. windy days, forehands, etc.

175 Protege Clozer (beat) : my baby..
175 Protege Clozer (seasoned) : putting putter twin.. practice or if i need a touch more beef
175 Protege Clozer : upshots, extra practice putter, etc.
175 Legend Clozer : driving clozer.. great feel and nice and beefy!

169 ESP Zone (concave,super beat) - majority of my upshots.. bh, touch fh, rollers, etc.
169 ESP Zone (concave,fresh) - forgot how fun a new zone is! beefy upshots, fh, etc.
168 Champ Firebird (super beat, flat) : forehands, fh rollers, windy days, all around utility
167 Glo Firebird (fresh, super flat) : stupid overstable and i love it!!

I dig your simple setup.

Patriots are pretty nice. Like a faster leopard(which I'd forgotten were so awesome)

Have you tried an enemy to get those pesky firebirds out of the bag?

They're as close as any disc I've thrown.

I havent yet but im patiently waiting for $$ lol .. But yeah LOVE my Patriots! The Rival reminds me of an Eagle-X in better plastic if you havent tossed one. Bandit is Valk like. Been hearing good things about the Enemy sadly no one else around here throws Legacy so havent been able to hold one.. my time is coming though! haha :eek:

Had one of those weekends where i played some really really good "golf" but just not great on the scorecard lol.. Hit some monster jump putts, several zone fh toss ins, etc. was a really fun weekend! Putter felt great but had some spit outs, few cage hits, etc. just off a enough but things felt really good. No bag changes. Havent had the Outlaws in the bag for a few rounds but they arent really needed on my home courses. Hmm but yeah nothing new really..things feel great just have to transfer that over to the scorecard :eek:

Been playing pretty well lately and most importantly having a ton of fun! Putting has been a bit meh but my drives,upshots etc. have been beyond acceptable. Been testing a light weight Tern i got from the USDGC and i love it! Been getting some of my longest shots to date with it at my home course and will most def be looking at adding in a heavier one to play with. Trying out the Gravity Clozer with the cold coming and been loving it! Still pretty stiff overall and the added grip is wonderful! I did lose several of my go to discs out at the USDGC last month so had to replace those with freshies but thats been a lot of fun as well lol.. forgot how fun some of them are when they are fresh out the box! But yeah here is what is currently in the bag ...

168 FR Pinnacle Outlaw : overstable max distance... fh, big flex shots, windy days.. the beef!
158 Star Tern : open max distance, turnovers, hyzerflip distance, etc.
175 Icon Bandit (flat,seasoned) : workhorse bandit.. prob the beefiest bandit ive tossed
168 Icon Bandit (fresh) : fits perfectly between the others.. hyzerflips, anhyzers, s shots, etc.
165 FR Icon Bandit : understable!.. hyzerflip turnovers, rollers, trick shots, etc.

168 Pinnacle Patriot : perfect for woods golf.. can do a bit of everything!
168 Pinnacle Rival (flat, stiff, seasoned) : stable workhorse.. the ideal fairway!
168 Pinnacle Rival (domey,pearly) : stable to overstable..fits perfectly between my other two rivals.. super dependable!
172 Gunmetal Legend Rival (domey) - the beef.. big hyzers, windy days, control forehand, etc.

175 Protege Ghost (seasoning) : my stable do it all Ghost.. workhorse!
175 Excel Ghost (seasoned) : stable-understable.. hyzerflips, etc.
178 Legend Ghost : overstable duties.. nice reliable hard left finish, flex shots, windy etc.
169 ESP Zone (concave,super beat) - majority of my upshots.. bh, touch fh, rollers, etc.
169 ESP Zone (concave,fresh) - forgot how fun a new zone is! beefy upshots, fh, etc.

175 Gravity Clozer : putting putter
175 Protege Clozer (seasoned) : jump putts and run, upshots, etc.
175 Protege Clozer : throwing protege .. understable putter drives, upshots, etc.
175 Legend Clozer : driving clozer.. great feel and nice and beefy!

168 Champ Firebird (super beat, flat) : forehands, fh rollers, windy days, all around utility
167 Glo Firebird (fresh, super flat) : stupid overstable and i love it!!

I definitely like your setup. Very simple mold-wise and it seems like you have every shot covered. Nice, clean bag IMO!

^^ thanks buddy! Yeah its basically some sort of Bandit/Rival off the tee for me. Dont really like the feel (or have the arm) for the warp speed stuff and at my arm speed the Bandit can cover a lot of lines depending on run/plastic etc.