• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] The DGCR Mold: Let's build a disc!

A lid would be pretty fun. I'd prefer not a hard premium plastic. Maybe something Frontline-X like.

I would want a Lid in something like the old Pro D, nearly as stiff but just a tad less to make the PDGA parameters. The other choice would be in a KC or Fossil type plastic.

No go...
Lids won't fly correctly unless they are firm.

This is true, ever used the Soft X Putt'r? The disc flies great for first 25-35 putts that hit the chains then after that it loses its glide after getting the puddle top. I was trying to use the disc and past 12-15 feet you either had to give the Putt'r too much power/speed to get to the basket or the Putt'r would have more glide then when bran new and go a good bit past the basket for a double putt or past 12-15 feet not give it quite enough speed and have a putter disc with about a 2 on the glide. The Putt'r seems like it would when slightly broken in work only past 40 feet. They needed to make the Putt'r disc in Pro D like Discraft did for the first month. After the first month the disc was not made in Pro D and was a garbage disc. I had a first run Soft X Putt'r that in July 2008 I then gave to a player after finding the Magnet in Pro D (used those till 2017 when I got the JB) who used it with a push putt with mega spin/snap at the end on it and she loved when they broke in and got the slight puddle top, odd putt but it was good for her and odd disc that nobody used. Some discs like a Magnet can handle a slight puddle top but Lids can't. I know with my Jawbreaker Magnets, that they can have a micro concave and still work for a putter.

Was thinking about this thread today.

It would be cool to see if this project could get back on track or have a new group of people take over and try to make some progress.

:popcorn:

Marmoset has been the one leading the charge, and his free time to work on this has unfortunately disappeared. I have offered to do the proto printing so it really comes down to him finding the time.