• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The DGCR mold: lid geometries discussion

Because nothing else sounds better than the DGCR Troll...:D

As long as you do not ad Cat to the end of the disc, Then it sounds like Troller Cat a big construction piece of equipment that is made by Cat brand of equipment. Not sure what a troller does. If going Cat name and we should not, looks nothing like a Pole Cat, It would be Copy Cat.

I say we go dog named after the first Disc golf disc, the Puppy and the Super Puppy. They were the first real disc golf discs that happened to be lid style at the time as that was the only style out at the time with Wham-O brand Frisbee's and other discs pre Disc Golf Disc era.

Innova brand made a disc with this name in the 2000's not sure in they still make said disc. However it was Ocelot, still close enough to sue the name, Innova does that.

I guess it was never PDGA approved then because it sure ain't on the list.

Need to get rid of these stickies, please.. Three different threads at the top of the forum is way too much for whatever this is / isn't.

This is so awesome I'm a machinist and I love discing and have been playing around with the idea of trying to make a disc in the shop I'm gona keep an eye on this post to get better idea of the geometry. Obviously this isn't going to be something I'm going to throw but I'd like to just say I made a disc. Any idea what type of plastic the discs are made of? In our shop I think I can get a hold of celcon that would be the size I need idk if that will work or not.

AHA, i wanted to get in touch with whamo to try to figure out the ultimate roller disc...

but now i see plastic technology called polymorph! plastics that melt in 140F water and harden at room temp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGiwsj5FH0g

So i'm probably going to order a few kg of this stuff (not from that website in the video, i am not affiliated with that site, plenty of other stores sell it) and start molding my own discs until i find the right rim.

I guess styrofoam would make the easiest mold. hmmmm. the adventure begins.

Latest posts