• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Disc Proof Basket

Haha, you'd have to flutter one in low to make it stick. That's funny. I wonder if they incorporate that basket in tourneys to add a twist.

What course is that? I ask because I NEVER want to play there.

Why not, is that basket going to somehow effect your score more then everyone else who plays there?

That looks like it would be a fun twist for the occasional round. Suddenly parking it at the base of the pole becomes a lot more important.

Still better then the "baskets" at Lake Murray

Still better then the "baskets" at Lake Murray

Never been there but I know what you are talking about :). The baskets in Minot ND and homemade and must have barely 8 lines of chain which are plastic/rubber coated. Thankfully I wasn't any good at putting back then otherwise that would of made it tough.

i would LOVE to put this in at the local pitch-n-putt course, and install a microphone nearby to record all the "WTF?!?! I hit the chains!" responses from the potheads and drunk rednecks...

Never been there but I know what you are talking about :). The baskets in Minot ND and homemade and must have barely 8 lines of chain which are plastic/rubber coated. Thankfully I wasn't any good at putting back then otherwise that would of made it tough.

Ya but the ones at the lake are like inverted metal tops

Seems like there's a new way of Breaking-In discs. A guilt free method for the folks who tomahawk discs into trees, you can now tune discs with the aid of a basket. And quicker than ever!

Roc1Time, I love playing the old inverted top baskets. Hardly ever see them anymore. I take it as a matter of pride, that I've played courses in three states with those things. You gotta do a real float in putt to make it stay on those buckets. Lake Murray is short; but some nice views.