• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I would consider my first successful attempt at the shaving cream method. My design got a little muddled up in parts of the red and blue, but I think it still came out pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMAG3482.jpg
    IMAG3482.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 97
OtherWorka1nz9o.jpg

The background is slightly purple... but not on puropse. It's that darn heavy handed stamping Discraft does. The foil stamp was purple and I couldn't stop it from getting on the white.

Ah. It kinda looked like a SC dye. Nice job! Not sure if it's intentional or not but the ball kinda looks deflated. Haha. Brady didn't buy you a pair of sneakers to do that did he?

Don't want to miss a day, so here is a BRAND NEW dyer submitting...

Prodigy D4;
LNIuIwi.jpg

Nothing mentionable, but, it was my second SC dye ever.

Carry on, my wayward Dyes!

SC Dye

Here's the second rendition of my groomsmen gifts.

The discs are star mako, could the big dome on the disc cause the bubbles in the SC?

Attachments

• sc1.jpg
    sc1.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 95
  • scbubbles.jpg
    scbubbles.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 74
The discs are star mako, could the big dome on the disc cause the bubbles in the SC?

Actually, I would expect a high dome to help eliminate bubbles in a SC dye.

I think those bubbles form due to your SC bed not being completely smooth. The disc traps air in the "potholes" of the SC; a really domey disc will tend to push down on one side of the hole before the other and push the air out, whereas a flat disc is great at trapping all the air in there.

Notice that they are mostly on the lines of transition from one color to the next, where you are most likely to have a not-smooth bed.

Here's the second rendition of my groomsmen gifts.

Dude! Those look great! Sweet colors. I think the bubbles are a nice effect, myself.:D

Are you watering down your SC? Looks like it might be bubbles in the SC from stirring. I don't think the dome in the disc would cause them.

Nice work!:clap:

Peace,
-Jeff

PS - Hope to get up there and get a round in with you soon!

I think those bubbles form due to your SC bed not being completely smooth. The disc traps air in the "potholes" of the SC; a really domey disc will tend to push down on one side of the hole before the other and push the air out, whereas a flat disc is great at trapping all the air in there.

Notice that they are mostly on the lines of transition from one color to the next, where you are most likely to have a not-smooth bed.

Good call!

Awesome, thank you for the response.

Dude! Those look great! Sweet colors. I think the bubbles are a nice effect, myself.:D

Are you watering down your SC? Looks like it might be bubbles in the SC from stirring. I don't think the dome in the disc would cause them.

Nice work!:clap:

Peace,
-Jeff

PS - Hope to get up there and get a round in with you soon!

Thanks Jeff!
I'm making the SC from pre mixed dye, so the stirring could be causing the smaller bubbles.
I like the smaller bubbles, but the big ones take away from the color.

Absolutely! I'll be up in the mountains for a long time.

Here's one that's in the mail as I post, but just got the OK to post it before it's in the hands of it's owner.;)

Glow Gator with a special request of the logo from a movie...

9e412c4c-ad06-4344-8705-08dffbb6156f_zpsodxdzcaf.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Moonshine Trespass I did for a friend.

Attachments

• IMAG3492.jpg
    IMAG3492.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 93
  • IMAG3491.jpg
    IMAG3491.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 79
"Do you have any idea how ruthless The Monarch is?"
-Henchman 24

Here's the last two I have done.

Pearly white Tournament Tursas with neon yellow stamp; Pylam Bright green plastic wrap dye. The moment I saw this stamp I knew what I was going to do with it:
picture.php

Yellow Ultrium Titan; yet another Venture Bros dye, The Monarch. This image is from the commentary on/off screen on disc 2 of S1:
picture.php

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.