• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Star Valk!

7FIHnhJ.png

Sweet! Really good job on the skin. What formula did you use to get that good of skin tone?

Sweet! Really good job on the skin. What formula did you use to get that good of skin tone?

Thanks! I used crimson red mixed with water. Dabbed it on and waited a few seconds then wiped it off. I was afraid I got it a little too red but when I cleaned up with rubbing alcohol it went back to what I wanted!

The top left in the image has some harsh lines I didn't want but I think they blend in with the background!

Thanks! I used crimson red mixed with water. Dabbed it on and waited a few seconds then wiped it off. I was afraid I got it a little too red but when I cleaned up with rubbing alcohol it went back to what I wanted!

The top left in the image has some harsh lines I didn't want but I think they blend in with the background!

Might have to try that. Gotta dye I'm gonna do that involves skin. Looks good...it all blends in really well.

Posting for former Okthrowberfest winner Rob Edwards, pumping out some great dyes lately!

11402769_10205788324100825_5821543414540783662_n.jpg

1780875_10205741035438638_5082559861250316164_n.jpg

Man, you guys make this thread such a great place to see sick dyes. :thmbup:

TwoChain, that is SO AWESOME I'M GONNA DIE! ;) Solid background and a good stencil. I always respect the perfect stencils, but, as a total amateur dyer, I love seeing something that doesn't look perfect so you can tell it's done by hand. Shows more care and love for that disc in particular.

Plus, I have not seen enough Despicable Me dyes. Too good not to respect!

Cheers, mate!

PS: Your sister throws a Nuke? We got a badass over here!

@Reniger

Thanks! Well, it's a Nuke SS and is super flippy. I like a flippy disc like a sidewinder but this thing was off the chart flippy. She is new so this is a really good starter disc :)

I know I rushed it a little because I only had 2 days. But I did learn that I can make a color change and patch a spot with no bleed. The bleed I see in the yellow, I know exactly what happened. Huge bubble that turned into a tunnel.

It was hard to make some solid colors because the stamp was a miss print with lots of clear indents.

Easy to spot your mistakes but she was very happy!

Last edited:
New dyes

Just finished my groomsman gifts, and couldn't sleep last night so I got in a quicky with akuma..... hmmm, phrasing....

Attachments

• groomsman all.jpg
    groomsman all.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 104
  • ak.jpg
    ak.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 82
  • akuma1.jpg
    akuma1.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 128
Incredible Hulk that was an incredible pain to hand cut. It's on my thrower saint.

Attachments

• IMAG3530_1.jpg
    IMAG3530_1.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 91
Diabolicum, That trooper is sweet!:thmbup:

Here's one I am working on, but I'd like some feedback on what I should do with the background. My plan was to do a light and dark blue SC with a 1/8" white stroke around the logo and a 1/2" black outer ring, but I'm open to other ideas.

It's on a double stamped Opto XXX, and the stamps were pretty deep! Got a couple small bleeds, and a couple of small spots where there is still some foil stamp showing. The spot at the bottom of the "S" was from factory. Tried hiding it, but missed. It's for me, so that's not much of a bother to me.

image_zpsinotamgn.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Here's one I am working on, but I'd like some feedback on what I should do with the background. My plan was to do a light and dark blue SC with a 1/8" white stroke around the logo and a 1/2" black outer ring, but I'm open to other ideas.

It's on a double stamped Opto XXX, and the stamps were pretty deep! Got a couple small bleeds, and a couple of small spots where there is still some foil stamp showing. The spot at the bottom of the "S" was from factory. Tried hiding it, but missed. It's for me, so that's not much of a bother to me.

image_zpsinotamgn.jpg

Peace,
-Jeff

Oh god. Sunnyvale Samsquanches! Brilliant! Just needs Bub's glasses peeking over the Squanch or some kitties. The SC would look good with some black spin. Maybe another color, though? A dark red or bright green might make the blue of the logo pop more.

Nice work on the cutting DD!:thmbup:

My wrist hurts just thinking about cutting that!:D

Peace,
-Jeff

Thank you very much sir. I think sc on yours is the way to go. How do you plan on doing the 1/8th of an inch stroke around the logo? Just simply eyeballing it, or do you have a way to measure exact?

Thank you very much sir. I think sc on yours is the way to go. How do you plan on doing the 1/8th of an inch stroke around the logo? Just simply eyeballing it, or do you have a way to measure exact?

Just hand cut and eyeball. Thinking back, I would have added it to the original file used for the mask. :eek: If I wanted to be exact, I would use some striping tape as a guide, but I think I can get it close enough.

Peace,
Jeff

Last edited:
Diabolicum, That trooper is sweet!:thmbup:

Peace,
-Jeff

If you could pull into your magic hat and somehow make it look like reflections on ice.

I love this thread so much. :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts