• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
998818_10151465156702493_633991670_n.jpg
My Swansons, both are giants. The orange one is a max weight VIP plastic and the red is my VIP air 157g.

Sometimes, this thread just makes me not even want to attempt a dye.

I dug these up from the "offical first time dye thread" http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29586&highlight=dye&page=8
and Dye -A-Day I,http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15664&page=469
This is my first dye, before I knew about the DGCR dyeing collective. It's acceptable (barely). Plenty of mistakes....added salt per rit directions, dye was too hot I've learned a lot since then thanks to all the fine dyers here. A few more going up on the dye a day thread. BTW very used champ eagle.
picture.php

Finally got around to posting my second & third run of dyes. Marvin and the BullGod are 2010 AceRace ESP. 1 bad bleed on Marvin and minor bleeding where the stamp was on both. The White Zombie is a Z Buzzz with a little problem at the bottom. I did a candy cane and the same Stone as Dan, sans marble, but I'm not sure if I'm ready to post dye4dye side x side with those kinda skills. I'd like to do a granite affect but I have NFC how. (I only re-uploaded one pic. for this post)
picture.php

2 years and about 30 or so dyes later....
picture.php

picture.php

I'm still hand cutting and usually end up spending more time deciding on a design than on the creation and execution.

I put up a handful of white/clear/glow/sparkle discs on the Marketplace tonight. I may get smacked for posting this here, but I think it's pertinent since they're all good dyeing canvasses, and I would want to know in here if a sale like this popped up!

curse you . . .

all the closest to white i've been able to find for my pinnacle rivals from local stores is phlegm...and i hate ordering online for the most part.

I need to start researching effects, and invest in some more colors. I'm looking forward to my next dye, but I'm not the most artistic so I'll probably just stick to simple stencils and plain black dyes for now.

How many times can you reuse one pack?

OD7areAl.jpg

Second dye, had some trouble transferring to the disc and didn't get every piece put back in the right place. Considering that and being scared of the prodigy letters, I still like the way it turned out.

Not sure if I've seen this before. Bottom stamp brainwave on champion wraith

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 124
Status
Not open for further replies.