• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reb Bull for my Star Tern -- one bleed on the B for the remask, and a small line where I remasked the red rim(though I knew this would happen, remasked by hand and overlapped) but colors came out superb --
9369157075_4a1431b4bd_z.jpg

Bottom Stamped Star Destro, Eagle Scout dye -- third time I've done this one, and the absolute last. Don't lose this one, Montana!

9369156649_6a654bd3a4_z.jpg

Penn State "S" Cryztal Zone -

9371934144_40d3174f2b_z.jpg

Penn State Nittany Lion on a Glo Buzzz -

9369156107_9401e1e01c_z.jpg

Joe Pa on a Glow Starfire -

9369155745_328b27088f_z.jpg

Yeah Bennett, that Red Bull dye on that Tern is terrible.
Just send it to me and I'll never tell who dyed it...;)

Wow, what are you using to get that really bright, even lime green shade? Looks great.

Sports logos are always fun, and I love clear discs, but they are sure hard to get decent pics of.
photo+(10)+(1).JPG

Wow Brian! How...?

I'm amazed what you are able to do! Keep up the awesome work!

DyeMax. That's the only explanation that my brain can wrap around.

Seriously DTP ---- AH MAZE EEENG.

contain-yourself.gif

I have a dark purple (nearly black) ti Buzzz. It is hard to see sometimes when I throw even if it isn't far or in short grass.

I am hoping to dye it a lighter/brighter color. Are there any kind of dyes that will pick up well on a disc like this? More or less I understand the process of dying but was considering a stencil. What type of dye materials do I need. Someone suggested Rit Plus? Any suggestions or maybe even tutorial links would be great.

I have a dark purple (nearly black) ti Buzzz. It is hard to see sometimes when I throw even if it isn't far or in short grass.

I am hoping to dye it a lighter/brighter color. Are there any kind of dyes that will pick up well on a disc like this? More or less I understand the process of dying but was considering a stencil. What type of dye materials do I need. Someone suggested Rit Plus? Any suggestions or maybe even tutorial links would be great.

Firstly, you can't dye backwards -- once a disc is dark, you can't dye it lighter. Think of it as a watercolor canvas -- if you put down a dark blue, you can't put yellow over it and hope it turns yellow, it will just be a darker green.

Secondly, Disc Dyeing Basics, Techniques, and Tutorials
This should answer a lot of your questions.

:hfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.