• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, not a dye, but, looking at this spin dyes got me thinking if there would be anyway to use one of these spirograph toys to do a cool design?

picture.php

I've never really checked out the dyeing threads or videos until today. I was wondering if you can dye a dark colored disc. I have the trilogy challenge driver (the thief I think) and they came in god awful colors. Mine is dark brown almost black, gets completely lost in the woods. Was hoping I could dye it to make it more finder friendly. Any suggestions?

I like that Spirograph idea bailey1212. Maybe you could use the worm dye markers?
I just got a hold of a record player and put a dimmer on a fan so some spin dye are next.

Some dyes I just finished.
ae63894cacdc95d6f39dc87fd200f636

48070c7dcd5363434c4e6979213105fc

a89ef12fd513b4e6c210a5f9b5a02102

How do y'all get your pictures smaller. I just put in the url from my website and they come out HUGE!

I keep my pictures on Photobucket, and they have an editor that will resize images and keep the proportions even. Maybe your image host does too. I set my widths at 750px. Photo below added to show the 750px width.
Dye36-TheGrinchESPCycloneFront750.jpg

How do y'all get your pictures smaller. I just put in the url from my website and they come out HUGE!

www.imgur.com
After you upload, it gives you 3 size options: Original, small and large. Original being the largest. This site rarely gets blocked by firewalls so it gives some of us a chance to check out everyone's dyes while pretending to work at our desks.

syPepfYs.jpg
- small
syPepfYl.jpg
- Large

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies on the picture sizing. Should be helpful on my next picture post. Nice looking Yin Yang dragon Wildwing

I got a second Tursas and tried to make it match my first. I stuck and unstuck the vinyl on fabric trying to make it less sticky so it wouldn't pull the color off the stamp in places I didn't want. I made it too un-sticky and it bled. But the color turned out great and i still like the lines on the stamp.

Attachments

• turs1.jpg
    turs1.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 55
  • turs2.jpg
    turs2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 82
  • turscomp.jpg
    turscomp.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 67
I found this pink star destroyer at Elver and called but the guy claimed it was the wrong number. This was done using the style formerly known as Nebula, and glue.

Attachments

• dest1.jpg
    dest1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 64
  • dest2.jpg
    dest2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 51
  • dest3.jpg
    dest3.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 73
And now for the disc I spent most of the weekend on. Those tye dyes were just done while I was waiting on this one.

It's Katana from Mortal Kombat on a Champ Katana. I did nearly all the lines for her body with single cuts. I flexed the disc but there were still segments that the dye never got into (perhaps I should get thicker blades for doing single cuts?). There were also 5 or 6 small bleeds while doing the symbol in the background which surprised me, but they are all really small.

Attachments

• kat1.jpg
    kat1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 114
  • kat2.jpg
    kat2.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 95
  • kat3.jpg
    kat3.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.