• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted this in the VIP lounge today.... just a conversation starter:

"DTP should be on the dye Mt. Rushmore (along with Jeff Ash, Dan Howard, and BennetUA... could possibly squeeze Wondernut in there)."

Any other votes?

They get my endorsement!

...and the more the merrier, until you run out of granite cliff face of course!

"DTP should be on the dye Mt. Rushmore (along with Jeff Ash, Dan Howard, and BennetUA... could possibly squeeze Wondernut in there)."

Any other votes?

I absolutely agree DTP should be in it.

Today's dye:

m8jSsaj.jpg

Last edited:

Any other votes?

I'd be honored!

I'd look at previous Okthrowberfests to see who has performed well over the years for any additions.

Well.... Jeff hasn't had much of a chance the past couple of years :/

I haven't seen any new Dan Howard dyes lately.... but he has been very prolific over the years.

Wow, thanks for the great compliment Goose! I'm still dyeing but it's hard to find time to come up with new stuff anymore and nobody wants to see reruns. But that said, here's a couple of reruns from this week :eek:

Cap'n America mini that's going on the European tour this year!
Ca%20mini%20sDSC_9756_zpsm5gfd5gz.jpg

And a Rip the Ripper for the KCFDC club president.
EK%20beast%20sDSC_9736_zpskkg901wc.jpg

Wow, thanks goose! I'm honored. I would agree with your choices and also ^^ what bennett said. We have all been inspired by and learned from the awesome dyers here...especially Okthrowberfest entrants over the years. I would include most of those guys in the list as well. And I'd personally like to nominate Eky8 for showing that dye can be applied in a painterly style which inspired me to experiment.

This is why I haven't posted any for a bit. Been working on this one for a while.

Only major fail was the green bleeding into the blue so badly. I had the character and words masked off for the blue and then rather than unmask and remask again (trying to save a shade or two) I laid another piece on top and glued where they overlapped. Two places apparently didn't hold.:wall:

Still probably the best disc I have ever done. 5 shades of black, 5 of crimson/silver, 5 of golden yellow/silver, 2 of pylam green/fl yellow. Words are 2:1 of prochem clear orange and bright red. Brainwave is 3:1 of idye turq/blue, done with lotion/SC mix. Plastic bag is pylam green.

Attachments

• pic_20150314_080220.jpg
    pic_20150314_080220.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 211
Holy ***p!:eek:
OK, I nominate roggenb3 for that one, even if we have to build a Mt Rushmore II mountain for the carving. Awesome!

That is a very impressive dye roggenb3. Even the mistake is pretty well hidden. Well done. :thmbup: :clap:

The compliments are appreciated, thanks to all above. However, I will respectfully decline the Mt Rushmore nomination. I have my moments, but I'm not on that level.

Here's so you guys know who is on this disc:

And here's a pic in the sunshine. Boy does Pylam bright green live up to its name! This was the first time I used it mixed with water, and I couldn't be happier with it. The bright parts of the bag dye are basically neon.

Also wanted to mention that it is a Prodiscus Ultrium Midari. Highly recommend Ultrium; its as bright white as Neutron and dyes superbly.

Attachments

• IMG_20150314_144834059.jpg
    IMG_20150314_144834059.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 134
hornet1_zpsq3ia2cgx.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

been a loooong time, but finally motivated to get back in. couldn't bring myself to wipe that stamp, so decided to try my first bottom dye. will do things different next time, but meh.

There was a theme here. My buddy loved these. I was really into putting something related to the disc name onto the disc.
These were all during my hand cut days 6 years ago.
I got busy and had to stop for a while but have recently got back into the game.
roadrunner_zpsh4akqxzl.jpg

coyote_zpscut1yfc6.jpg

I put the most famous Vulcan on a Vulcan.
It is still holding up well.
vulcan_zpsbl5tmu9l.jpg

And then this pain in the Ace.
stardisc_zps8lu7d5em.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts