• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Dye A Day Thread! (Part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of new ones. . .

Just doing some single color stuff right now. Yellow is a Star Wraith that I found and had no ink on it. Pretty beat and some of the stamp wouldn't wipe, but I love the way the 45 record adapter turned out. Orange is a Champ Roc3 with the logo for the electronic music project the Venetian Snares. Enjoy!

HlR63ri.jpg

I just started experimenting with dyeing a couple weeks ago, here's one go on a Star Valk. Wound up screwing up the rinse and smearing the ink taking the stencil off, but I'm happy with it.

7tUjpzsl.jpg

I don't like being the last post on a page. The highlight of this one for me was getting the color of the jacket so right. 3:1 fuschia:violet

picture.php

:eek: .. man i havent looked through this thread in a while but you guys are just killing it.. this is some of the best work i have EVER seen .. it just captures "the simpsons" .. like im watching it through my tv screen

Trying to get into this whole disc dyeing thing. How are you guys doing the multi-colors. Best products to use? Is there a good tutorial video somewhere. I have seen the dorm on here about dyeing but really on how to do some of these multi-colored ones some of these guys are doing. Help appreciated.

Knocked this one out with a friend who was in town and wanted to see how the dye process worked from start to finish.
Glow Cryztal FLX Challenger.

Someone was asking about how long dye keeps in containers, and I know I've had this batch of pink dye for over 4 years.

22598076472_f662b3cbfc.jpg

Monochromatic

Attachments

• 12193348_884297254972597_6452487722703808050_n.jpg
    12193348_884297254972597_6452487722703808050_n.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 113
^I like it. I'm going to need to do some like that since alot of my dye stash are not white discs.

Is there a certain type of contact paper people use for the stencil dyes. Had one going and guess the acetone ate the contact paper.

i would like to thank all the people who have shared their knowledge, tips and tricks. Thank you!
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
2nd attempt at this disc dyeing. Not as good as you guys but I'm happy with it. Still not sure how yall do the multi color stencils but oh well. Also I have read that u can mix the idye w laundry detergent to paint on. Not sure why but it will not work for me. So I just used acetone and it worked really fast. Any help would be appreciated because the acetone is more expensive.

Attachments

• 20151109_210949.jpg
    20151109_210949.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts